Rangers` keeper in Rams sights

Rams boss Paul Jewell is in a little bit of a predicament in the goalkeeping stocks at Pride Park, with injuries to both Stephen Bywater and Lewis Price.

Jewell will have to move quickly to fill the void for Saturday`s critical game against his former club Wigan Athletic and it has been reported they will move for Glasgow Rangers second choice keeper Roy Carroll.

The 30-year-old Northern Ireland international is currently out of the first-team picture at Ibrox with Allan McGregor between the posts.

The former Wigan, Manchester United and West Ham keeper Carroll has played just one game for Rangers this season - a CIS Insurance Cup win over East Fife in September.

Jewell has also made inquires with Aston Villa's regarding Danish keeper Thomas Sorensen and it looks like one of the pair will arrive at Pride Park this week.

Wouldnt really put me up nor down now. Suprised at the form of McGregor but think Carrol would be ok as our no2

Pretty much my feelins, but would WS then want to go out and spend whatever on a more established 2nd choice who could compete for 1st place, or rely on the youngsters we have...

Pretty much my feelins, but would WS then want to go out and spend whatever on a more established 2nd choice who could compete for 1st place, or rely on the youngsters we have...

We signed Graeme Smith from Killie during the summer. I don't think any harm will be done if he's made our No. 2 for the rest of the season.

I think RC is a very good back up keeper and it's only the good form of AM keeping him out, I would be happy with him or AM in goals. If he was to go then I think GS would be a decent back up but I've not seen him play that much to be honest and don't know how good he really is.

Just watching the Robbie Savage Paul Jewell press conference on SSN. The reporter asked about Roy Carroll and Jewell confirmed that he's spoken to Walter Smith and Carrolls agent about a move and hope to have the deal completed by the end of the day.

You know what will happen now do you - McGregor will pick up a knock!!

But like everyone else Ive been impressed with the way Mcgregor has came on this season and Carroll is a good back up but is back up at best.

Let him go and we can get a better keeper in either this month or the summer