http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=578&Itemid=1

With the January transfer window already half-way closed, itââ?¬â?¢s time for Gersnetââ?¬â?¢s ââ?¬Ë?The-Insiderââ?¬â?¢ to divulge what heââ?¬â?¢s been hearing deep in the fitness rooms of Auchenhowie.

First off, to the disappointment of most Rangers fans, it seems the Alan Hutton saga is NOT finished. After turning down a deal of �£20K p/week and considering the immediate thoughts of his heavily pregnant partner, it was felt Hutton would be staying at Rangers until the summer at least.

However, Spurs were keen to get their man and our mole has told us they are confident Hutton will move south next week for �£8million plus add-ons which take the deal up to around �£10million. The London club increased their wage offer to �£33K p/week and the lad understandably felt this money was too good to turn down for the long term future of his family. He is genuinely disappointed to be leaving Rangers but it appears the club administration were keen to move him on considering the money involved and the fact Steven Whittaker can slot in immediately at right back.

This leaves the question of how much of this money will be invested back into the team. Information is tight in this regard but thereâ��s no doubt SDM would be under pressure to use the money if suitable players are available. One such player is S�¸ren Larsen of FC Schalke in Germany. As Gersnet revealed last year, the club are scouring the German leagues for players and the huge Danish international is one player that has come to light. He would be available for around �£1.5million and with the future of Daniel Cousin still doubtful, Walter Smith sees the player as an ideal replacement for the lone striker role.

It is expected that two other players will follow Larsen through the door before the end of January. One is Portsmouth�s Matthew Taylor who would at last fill the gap Rangers have at left-midfield while providing further cover for the left-back position. Taylor would cost a fair bit more and would also command the kind of wage that does not fit the current club structure. However, Rangers are still very hopeful that a deal can be done in keeping with the finance available.

Depending on other players linked with moves out of the club (including Thomas Buffel, Ugo Ehiogu and Alan Gow), Rangers will make one more signing before the end of the month. German defender Frank Fahrenhorst is still one central defender that may fill the bill as the manager looks to positively influence the reliable Cuellar/Weir pairing. If Andy Webster can prove his fitness and sort out his contractual issues that may not prove necessary but rumours are abound Walter Smith has lost patience with the Scotland international�s situation.

What is for sure the next two weeks will be extremely interesting. Circumstances can change quickly and while most Rangers fans would prefer Alan Hutton to stay at the club, if he does leave its vital the money received is invested back into the team to ensure the strongest possible challenge on all competitions ââ?¬â?? especially when one considers the congested fixture list. Being four points clear at the top of the table should not mean we are resting on our laurels. Two or three suitable signings could mean the difference between a title-winning side and not winning any trophies whatsoever.

The-Insider will keep you informed over the next fortnight.

:box:

Interesting. I guess not many would be able to knock back �£33k per week. If Hutton does go then good luck to him but I can't help feel he will regret moving to Spurs.

I will be very surprised if we sign Matty Taylor given the fee and wage involved. While he is a good player I would hope for a little more quality and creativity from �£3.5m+

Interesting Frankie,

Disappointing regarding Hutton but nobody in the SPL could really turn 33k a week down. Im sure he is desperate to stay until the summer though as if we win the SPL he would be gutted. But maybe he would already qualify for a medal? I still think he should hold out for Man Utd if there is truth in they rumours.

Matty Taylor would be a good signing but I still would like to see a creative player with that touch of magic. They are hard to come by but there are still good players out there.

Dont know much about Larsen.

Interesting. I guess not many would be able to knock back �£33k per week. If Hutton does go then good luck to him but I can't help feel he will regret moving to Spurs.

I will be very surprised if we sign Matty Taylor given the fee and wage involved. While he is a good player I would hope for a little more quality and creativity from �£3.5m+

Agree with you and Gribz.

I can't help but feel that while Taylor is a good player he's a left-sided version of Whittaker - ie versatile, attacking and solid but not too creative. For the money involved I'd rather we spent it on a better quality of player.

I'm not sure Hutton does want to go. I think pressure is being placed upon him by more senior people at the club.

So Larsen is coming 100%? Don't really know much about the chap. Does anyone know his goalscoring record for Schalke?

If we sign Matty Taylor all the fans will be shouting "shoooooooooot" anytime he's near the box with the ball. He scored an absolute stormer at Fratton Park last season.

As for the German defender I have never heard of him. Who does he play for?

Maybe we could look into a deal with Spurs where Hutton will sign for Spurs but remain with us until the season ends. It's happened down in England a few times. Smaller clubs sell their best player to bigger clubs but they are loaned back to the smaller club immediately.

I hope WS doesn't do an Eck and panic on the last day and sign a few numpties.

Fahrenhorst plays for Hannover and I've written before about how we were initially interested in a swap deal with Buffel...

The Larson one isn't 100%. I'd imagine he'll only come if Cousin (or even Boyd) leaves.

Gribz,do you not think if Manure wanted him then they would let him know or make a move ?

Im pretty sure they have let him know, but rumour is they are holding off until the summer until the find out if Neville comes back to full fitness.

Im pretty sure they have let him know, but rumour is they are holding off until the summer until the find out if Neville comes back to full fitness.

If that's true Gribz,then yes,it would be better for him and Rangers if he stayed untill then,however again if it's true then what Frankie is saying makes sense that Rangers are forcing him out the door :(