Watching the footie last night, I couldn't but help be very impressed with our old friend wee Rino. The reason I am posting this is that Britney Speirs was telling all who read his article the other day, that us, the Rangers fans, never really rated Rino - I'll think you'll find it was the press that never really rated Rino Britney, but why let the truth get in the way of your daily dig at Rangers.....

Anyway, as far as I can remember, most of us loved the wee man when he played for Rangers as he always gave his all and he was what we called in the old days, a cult hero. I am not the only Bear that would welcome him back with open arms!

Rino has bucked the trend as a Rangers player who has left and actually gone on to better things. The only other player that springs to mind is Gio, but he struggled at Arsenal before hitting it big at Barca.

Rino has a Champions League medal in his display cabinet and could win a WC winners medal to accompany it. With Britneys orgasmic relationship with the Diving Swede, it isn't suprising that he was trying to deflect the 'Rangers connection' with Rino - we can't have someone upstaging his fantasy gay lover now can we...!

In saying that, maybe its the fact that Rino refused to swap tops with any Craptic players after the CL game(s) and actually swapped his top with the referee instead :D

You're welcome home anytime Rino...

Cammy F - Tazmanian Devil Loyal RSC

Guest TheBrit

Agreed.

The guy was immense last night and has been the whole tournament.

The type of player I'd love to see at Ibrox again.

Cult hero sums him up perfectly Cammy.

He's said he would like to return at some point in the future too so hopefully he will fulfill a lot of peoples dreams by doing so

I never knew he swapped shirts with the ref, class.

I loved Rino when he was at Ibrox, not the best player but a wee hard man who got stuck right in there and was bursting with energy.

Hopeful of seeing him back in the Rangers blue sometime in his career.

Ive never heard of anyone not being a huge fan of Rino, we could see the potential in him from day 1.

I was dissapointed when he left and would love to see him back at Ibrox. Im sure the Ibrox support would each pay 50p a week each to provide 25,000 towards wages while the club could fund more - thats how much we love Rino Spiers.

He was always great in midfield but was not a good right back, was he Mr Advocaat...?

The wee general preferred Barry, but I think it was an early sign that the dutchman wasn't the most consistant judge of players...

I've never heard anyone bad mouth Rino or say they didn't like him in a Rangers jersey. I remember being at the pie queue at Fir Park when it was HT and Rino was in the concourse enjoying a coffee and the whole concourse started singing "Rino Rino Rino Rino Rino".

To say that Rangers fans didn't like him is outrageous!

I think there's only been 1 player who's had a better tournament for Italy then Gattuso - Fabio Cannavaro. The guy is a rock at the centre of the Italian defence.

I thought he was an excellent talent that DA never really got hold of.

Speirs is just a prick, and any chance he gets he will dig the Bears...

We know the truth Britney, no GTF.:flipa:

I've never heard anyone bad mouth Rino or say they didn't like him in a Rangers jersey. I remember being at the pie queue at Fir Park when it was HT and Rino was in the concourse enjoying a coffee and the whole concourse started singing "Rino Rino Rino Rino Rino".

To say that Rangers fans didn't like him is outrageous!

I think there's only been 1 player who's had a better tournament for Italy then Gattuso - Fabio Cannavaro. The guy is a rock at the centre of the Italian defence.

Totally agree - he was immense last night.

And if you believe the Tims Wija.... they are signing Cannavaro.... for 1 million - yeah, right !!! Probably the best defensive player in the whole tournament and they will get him for a pittance - don't think so !

Rino has been amazing throughout the tournament - a real credit and when you read his interview the other day where he says Rangers made him it shows he still loves the club - he would walk through brock walls for Rangers - would love to see him back !