Fergie to remain as Captain...

yeh thats good news.

I remember when boumsong and prso joined, they were made to room with alex rae so he could drill into them what it means to be a rangers player etc!

hopefully the lads can show the new boys what is expected of them when they all go away to SA.

Guest DiocletianIsDead

I remember when boumsong and prso joined, they were made to room with alex rae so he could drill into them what it means to be a rangers player etc!

He did a good job with Boumsong then.

I don't think being captain is the best thing for Barry, and I don't think Barry being captain is the best thing for Rangers. I personally would like to see some of the pressure being taken off him - he's just come through a shocker of a season, let him focus on finding the form that won us a treble, and let someone else worry about the rest of the team (Prso).

I don't think being captain is the best thing for Barry, and I don't think Barry being captain is the best thing for Rangers. I personally would like to see some of the pressure being taken off him - he's just come through a shocker of a season, let him focus on finding the form that won us a treble, and let someone else worry about the rest of the team (Prso).

Last season i would have agreed with you here. I wasnt pleased with McLeish when Ferguson came back and got the captaincy back. I thought he should of been further down the pecking order. The captaincy seemed give him more responisiblity amongst other things that was too much for him.

However this is a new regime and Im sure Le Guen will make sure the pressure isnt on like last season.

With Klos a doubt to play another game for us, the jury still out on Ricksen and Prso's fitness Im sure Ferguson is the best man for the job.

The catains job is a lot easier when the whole team are bustin thier balls for the jersey,[not what happened last season],and in PLG i think if you're not he'll have you sitting on the bench.It's up to the whole team not just one man,captain,to drive the team on.So whoever the captain is doesn't matter if you have players hiding...!!! during games or giving 100%, it is a team effort

I kind of agree with that but think it would cause more harm than good to change the captaincy. I think Barry is a natural captain because the shouting/ moaning/ geeing up that he does is suited to being the captain and it's also part of his normal game. To take away the captaincy could perhaps take something away from his game or make him feel he cant do the things that come naturally.

For me I cant see past the likes of Butcher and Gough as captain and we havent really had that since. Fergie does his best and has all the passion for the club so he'd be the choice for me