Rangers have recalled Filip Sebo from French side Valenciennes.

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Rangers have recalled Filip Sebo from French side Valenciennes.

DANIEL Cousin completed his expected signing to Fulham today after Rangers accepted an improved bid of �£3 million for the Gabonese international striker from the London club yesterday.

While Rangers find themselves well in credit on the sale of Cousin, manager Walter Smith stated he will not use the funds to sign a replacement striker during the current transfer window. We have chosen to bring Filip back into the fold. We have never lost faith in him.

Sebo was signed by the then Rangers manager Paul le Guen who made him his ninth signing, from Austria Vienna with Rangers agreeing a fee of �£1.85 million

Walter Smith will consider approaching the rest of the season with the strikers already in his squad, with Sebo poised to make an Ibrox return. Kris Boyd, still the club's top scorer despite spending much of the time on the substitutes' bench recently, will be hopeful his manager does decide not to replace Cousin from outwith the existing squad and will go head to head with Sebo for the second strikers role, with Darchville claiming the number one spot. Cousin revealed his delight at finalising his move to West London.

"I am pleased that the two clubs have been able to reach an agreement to enable me to sign for Fulham," he told the club's website.

"I enjoyed my time at Rangers and I am now excited by a new challenge that awaits me. I look forward to playing well for Fulham and competing in the Premier League."

Where did you read this Pete?

I know many on here are going to be depressed about this but i think its a very sensible move considering we dont have to pay a transfer fee and Im actually hoping he gets a chance to play this time.

His aggresive and attacking approach is going to be what we need. Some fans slated him for being a headless chicken but I havent seen much more from Naismith and Burke recently - granted they are lively same as Sebo but havent put the ball in the net much!

Time for 4-4-2 with 2 from Sebo, Darcheville and Boyd to play!!

It is a sensible move,no-one doubts that,let's just hope he starts to produce the goods,this could / should be his last chance to prove his worth.Although he shouldn't be compared to Burke or Naysmith as Sebo is supposed to be an out and out striker who scores goals with the other two being more creative players who will chip in with goals IMO.

It is a sensible move,no-one doubts that,let's just hope he starts to produce the goods,this could / should be his last chance to prove his worth.Although he shouldn't be compared to Burke or Naysmith as Sebo is supposed to be an out and out striker who scores goals with the other two being more creative players who will chip in with goals IMO.

Agreed he has to produce the goods but wouldnt say last chance as IMO he didnt get much of a first chance :D

Obviously style of play cant be compared to Burke or Naismith but what they deliver to the team can be. Plus wasnt Naismith a out and out striker for Killie?

I think the midfield problem (or lack of it) would dry up if someone we had start scoring a few goals on a consistancy basis. Ferguson used to do this but hasnt for a few seasons now.

Pete, please tell me you are at the wind up here.

Pretty Please?

Cousin might not have been everyones cup of tea but 8 league goals from 14 starts aint too bad a record, i just cant see how we are going to be as strong a team if we replace him with Sebo.

I still think its a great myth Gribz that Sebo didn't get a chance here. If you look at the stats that's just not the case.

If we don't buy a replacement for Cousin then maybe we should take him back to add to our options?