Now that's a promising looking signing. A 23 year old midfielder with Premiership experience, Northern Ireland internationalist and a Bluenose too.

Hopefully his loan is just the start of a long & successful career here.

He told rangers.co.uk: "It really is a dream come true for me. I have been a fan all of my life so to get the chance to come to Rangers is fantastic.

"I grew up as a fan and I have remained that way so when I heard that Rangers were interested in taking me it was a no-brainer really.

"Since the manager has been changed at Fulham things have not worked out for me so I welcome this chance to come to Glasgow.

"I'm finally getting my chance after missing out when I was a kid. I came over for trials when I was 12 and I played in the same team as Stevie Smith.

"I'm glad he's doing well again and I look forward to meeting up with him when I get there tomorrow."

Davis could be highly useful to boss Walter Smith with Kevin Thomson out for a period following a hernia operation and he aims to take his chance.

He said: "Rangers are in a great position right now as they are challenging on all fronts and it will be fantastic to be part of that.

"I hope to win trophies with Rangers in my time with the club. That would be fantastic. I obviously know who the players are and to play in the same team as Barry Ferguson would be great."

So it's Steven Davis? There was me thinking it was the Welsh sheep shaggin' pube heed Davies that plays for Fulham.

Good signing. Adds that wee bit of bite of the midfield.

Wait a minute, I've just read the quotes. Davis also plays for Fulham? When did he move there from Villa? I can see where I got confused.

One criticism that has been levelled at Davis by the Fulham fans is that he is lightweight and not a ferocious tackler.

I've seen Davis in the NI team, and he will bring quite a bit of guile. He has an eye for a good pass, and is very comfortable on the ball.

He is quite short tho (similar build and height to Naismith & Burke).

Hopefully he'll be a good signing for us, and that he'll make a permanent move in the summer.

Guest 5StarBear

I wish I could share your optimism here guys, not so sure about where he is gonna fit in. Is he any better in what we have already?

FFS, Villa binned him and now Fulham let him go too. Hmmm! Keep believing I suppose.