Really enjoying this lad's contribution this season.

Nowadays, ~�£2.3million and �£15-20K per week in wages is a lot of money for our club and any transfer is risky - not least when a player is coming from a league where the style of play and defending can be different from the SPL. Add in the changes in culture, language and weather, i's not always easy for new players to settle quickly - even if they are expensive ones with reasonable experience.

As such, considering the Spaniard's form this season, I think we have every right to be delighted with the consistency and quality he's offered generally. He seemed to find a good understanding with Davie Weir very quickly and I think his solid, unselfish nature allowed Alan Hutton to express himself offensively to the level we witnessed before his big move. I'd contend the best part of Cuellar's game is his positioning and anticipation so this allows others to feel safe that he'll put his defensive duties before anything else.

Of course it's not all been good news. The big man did struggle against Hearts earlier in the season and also didn't look too hot against Gretna and Hibs lately. I also think he sometimes struggles when defending set-pieces with regard to man-marking. His distribution can also be inconsistent.

However, once again on Saturday he was by and large extremely solid and made two last gasp tackles on the edge of our box to help secure the points.

Overall, what we have here is a very reliable defender. Off-the-field he also seems extremely professional and his attitude is as positive as I've seen for a while for an ambitious, quality player at our club. No public dreams of big EPL moves and agent rumours yet - touch wood! Unfortunately, going by his form, as was the case with Hutton, we may well be unable to keep him long term but he does represent a huge asset in playing and financial terms in the mean-time.

To conclude, this is the kind of player we should be looking to sign in the summer. Affordable, good attitude, consistent and of a high quality. Virtues that have been missing for far too long in our scouting but will be essential if we've to move forward in the coming months and years.

However, once again on Saturday he was by and large extremely solid and made two last gasp tackles on the edge of our box to help secure the points.

2 brilliant tackles that could easily have resulted in goals and dropped points. However, i felt his distribution was poor at times and seemed content just to hoof the baw up the park.

2 brilliant tackles that could easily have resulted in goals and dropped points. However, i felt his distribution was poor at times and seemed content just to hoof the baw up the park.

yeah his tacklins was good but he wasn't up to his usual standards

had some shot in the first half though

i still think he may be having to cover for weir slightly too much, but i think that this only puts him up in my estimation. he has been a standout this season - exactly the sort of professional the club should be after.

I thought you were going to say he's out for the game on Wednesday night. Phew!!

Buy of the summer for us. Infact I'd go as far as saying he's one of Smiths best buys as Rangers manager including the 9IAR era.

I think he's been an excellent signing. The big man has had a blip or two, but overall, his contribution has been superb value for money.

If we pick up any players in the future at around the 2 million mark and they put in the sort of performances Carlos has, i for one will be well happy. :cheers:

Really enjoying this lad's contribution this season.

Nowadays, ~�£2.3million and �£15-20K per week in wages is a lot of money for our club and any transfer is risky - not least when a player is coming from a league where the style of play and defending can be different from the SPL. Add in the changes in culture, language and weather, i's not always easy for new players to settle quickly - even if they are expensive ones with reasonable experience.

Totally agree.

I was just thinking this morning now that Hutton has gone, who would be our main contender for player of the season, and CC has to be up there at the moment.

Still time to shine for a few others with such important games coming up and 3 months to do so.