You Are Walter Smith

What team would you put out against Pana?

McGregor

SW

Weir

CC

Papac

Burke / Novo

Davis

Hendami

Fergie

SN / Buffel

Cousin

The reasoning behind this is that Pana will be big, strong and quick on the counter attack and we need to match all of that. I chose Papac purely down to his experience. I would like to see TB playing some part in the game as we will require all the craft and guile that we can muster to break down their defence. I chose Cousin as outwith JCD he is the only player currently on our books who can play the lone striker role on the European stage. In saying all that here is the team that I think WS will deploy

McGregor

SW

Weir

CC

Papac

Burke

Hendami

Fergie

Adam

McCulloch

Boyd

If he doesn't play Boyd, he will push Lee Mc up front and play SN.

Cammy F

Its a wierd one , what formation we will play on wednesday night

Boyd has already done it in the Uefa cup last year, so why not try him and Novo up front, or Boyd and Naismith

Then at the weekend at the end of the game Naismith and Novo looked good up front together

The you have McCulloch do you play him up front with someone, or play him a lone striker, or play him left wing

Charlie Adam didnt feature at the weekend but there is something about Charlie that he turns up for the big games

But then you still have Davis waiting there than can do a job, Buffell etc. We have plenty of options to choose from

A think this formation could work wonders for us on wednesday night

______________McGregor_______________

_Broadfoot___Weir_______Cuellar__Whittaker_

_Burke_____Ferguson____Hemdani___McCulloch

__________Novo_______Naismith_________

The team i posted has plenty of pace about it, also got the aggresion of Ferguson, McCulloch and Novo in there. If we go out there and play with a good pace a think we will win it, Novo, Naismith and Burke can always get behind defenders

McCulloch will win flick ons all day long, for the 3 a just metioned to run onto along with Ferguson

We will still have plenty of options on the bench to choose from during the night as well

I just dont understand how you can put Novo in ahead of Boyd. Novo is the best option coming off the bench with the energy he has, if we want goals and playing 2 up front then Boyd has to start surely.

I do like the look of Frasers and Cammys XI. Frasers may be a shout but I think Adam will come in for him and beef up the midfield leaving 1 upfront.

WS may also play Cousin for his quality (if he is in the mood).

But Id personally put out:

____________________McGregor_________________

Whittaker______Weir_________Cuellar________Papac

_____________Ferguson______Hemdani____________

____Novo____________Buffel____________McCulloch/Naismith

____________________Cousin____________________

I cant make my mind up between McCulloch and Naimsith. LM has been struggling of late but his strong physical pressance could be vital in the game.

I havent seen enough of Davis to say where he would play.

Its a wierd one , what formation we will play on wednesday night

Boyd has already done it in the Uefa cup last year, so why not try him and Novo up front, or Boyd and Naismith

Then at the weekend at the end of the game Naismith and Novo looked good up front together

The you have McCulloch do you play him up front with someone, or play him a lone striker, or play him left wing

Charlie Adam didnt feature at the weekend but there is something about Charlie that he turns up for the big games

But then you still have Davis waiting there than can do a job, Buffell etc. We have plenty of options to choose from

A think this formation could work wonders for us on wednesday night

______________McGregor_______________

_Broadfoot___Weir_______Cuellar__Whittaker_

_Burke_____Ferguson____Hemdani___McCulloch

__________Novo_______Naismith_________

The team i posted has plenty of pace about it, also got the aggresion of Ferguson, McCulloch and Novo in there. If we go out there and play with a good pace a think we will win it, Novo, Naismith and Burke can always get behind defenders

McCulloch will win flick ons all day long, for the 3 a just metioned to run onto along with Ferguson

We will still have plenty of options on the bench to choose from during the night as well

I agree that we should play at a higher tempo than recently and attacking with pace will hurt most teams. However, I do not think having McCulloch in the team allows us to play in this style because the ball will be sent in the air and the defending team will have a higher percentage of success in winning the ball and even if Lee wins the header we rarely get the second ball.

Defensively, Broadfoot will be a massive risk at full back. He had a terrible game against Hibs and a decent one for the first half against Falkirk, then in the second half he gave 20 yards of freedom to their wide player which would be a disaster against better class opposition.

I would be happier with Papac at left back and Whittaker at right back although I fear his defensive capability as well.

At the end of the day I think we realise that Walter will probably not use pace and attacking flair and will bring in Adam and play McCulloch instead of Naismith and possibly Cousin for Novo.

_______________McGregor_____________

Broadfoot___Cuellar____Weir_____Papac

_______Ferguson__Hemdani__Adam___

_______Burke___McCulloch__Naismith

With Whittaker out and Cousin unlikely to play, I think this is how we'll go. Key will be getting the ball in to McCulloch and getting support to him from midfield and the wide men

_______________McGregor_____________

Broadfoot___Cuellar____Weir_____Papac

_______Ferguson__Hemdani__Adam___

_______Burke___McCulloch__Naismith

With Whittaker out and Cousin unlikely to play, I think this is how we'll go. Key will be getting the ball in to McCulloch and getting support to him from midfield and the wide men

That would be a cracking line up

Novo and Boyd on the bench as well :D