Brian Laudrups all-time greatest XI

Taken from 4-4-2 magazine. I nicked this from FF...

--------------Schmeichel--------------

Maldini----Baresi------Gough-----Reuter

--------------Desailly-------------

----Gascoigne---------Effenberg------

-------------Laudrup-------------

------Zola--------------Batistuta-----

Gazza and King Richard make the starting lineup, with Goram and Hateley on the bench. It's his brother he's picked for midfield, such is the modesty of our Brian.

He says of them:

Richard Gough:

"A true leader and real warrior, who led by example and looked after his team mates. Also a great finisher from set pieces because he really attacked the ball. He scored a lot, and had the bruises and scars to prove it. The most professional player I ever met, which gave him a long career."

Paul Gascoigne:

"I played with him at Rangers and in his prime he was one of the best players in the world. He glided with the ball in a way that made him virtually untouchable for opponents and he was a match-winner, who had great technique when striking the ball. He was also a great entertainer - on and off the pitch! A tremendous natural talent."

Andy Goram:

"A sublime keeper, who had quick reflexes. A great motivator who was always at his best for big games."

Mark Hateley:

"A classic British striker - I had a brilliant partnership with him. Great heading, a good left foot and impossible to stop. Typically, he would play the ball to me, I'd break down the wing and find him in front of goal. A great recipe."

Manager: Walter Smith:

"I have had many good managers but Walter's man-management was incredible: he was the type of manager you wanted to play for. He had several big egos, like Ally McCoist and Gazza, in one team but still managed to hold everything together."

Good read.