I remember some comments online roughly around early Jan, were some fans were not overly happy with things despite us being top of the league.

There arguement being that we were worse off points wise than Celtic were at the same point last season. Arguing essetnially quality in the league was diminshing.

So after our continued run of 10 league victories I was wondering if anyone knows how Celtic and ourselves were sitting after an equal number of matches last season to that which we have played now?

Don't know the answer but if you extrapolate our points to cover the 38 games then it comes out at 95, which is good enough to win the league most seasons. In 2003 we won on goal difference with 97 but we could easily surpass that as we're now a far more consistent team than we were when we dropped points at the beginning of the season.

Don't know the answer but if you extrapolate our points to cover the 38 games then it comes out at 95, which is good enough to win the league most seasons. In 2003 we won on goal difference with 97 but we could easily surpass that as we're now a far more consistent team than we were when we dropped points at the beginning of the season.

Thanks for the reply. Hadn't considered that.

Just wondering about the above as I think people are too quick to rubbish the quality of the league up here year on year.

I think the Scottish game is pretty poor in general. But i blame it on the grass roots.

The set up from school onwards isnt good and the style of football is to punt a ball rather than pass and move.

The SPL isnt pretty on the eye and id say on par with League 1 in England. The OF are streets ahead of that of course, but due to the oppositions style of play we are being held back and forced to play ugly games.

It isnt the worst in europe but id rather watch a top flight game from Holland between 2 sides who are far down the league than Kilmarnock v St Mirren simply because I think the football would be better to watch.

I think the Scottish game is pretty poor in general. But i blame it on the grass roots.

The set up from school onwards isnt good and the style of football is to punt a ball rather than pass and move.

The SPL isnt pretty on the eye and id say on par with League 1 in England. The OF are streets ahead of that of course, but due to the oppositions style of play we are being held back and forced to play ugly games.

It isnt the worst in europe but id rather watch a top flight game from Holland between 2 sides who are far down the league than Kilmarnock v St Mirren simply because I think the football would be better to watch.

Yes the Fir park game has been cancelled again.;)

Seriously Gribz i agree fully. The set-up in Holland is far superior to Scotland.