World Cup Goal of the Tournament

What does everyone think?

I cant decide between 2 Argentina goals.

Firstly Cambiasso's goal vs Serbia and Montenegro. Brilliant possesion, one touch, give and go football with about 40 consecutive passes. Eventually they exploited some space, moved the ball into the box and an excellent finish into the top corner by Cambiasso arriving late. A goal for the purists.

Secondly there's Maxi Rodriguez's volley vs Mexico. Given the context of the match i.e 2nd half of extra time heading for penalties, and the sheer audacity and quality of his chest and volley from the corner of the box was simply outstanding. Often players get too caught up with making sure they dont make a mistake that they forget to that a goal in extra time might win the game without the lottery of penalties.

There were lots of other good finishes and some spectacular strikes from outside the box but those two, for me, stood out...

Those 2 are definatly the best 2 for me Stewarty. Id go for Cambiasso's as the winner, it was long build up play and team work at its best.

They also got a further 3 crackers in that game.

You're forgetting about Joe Cole's goal against Sweden.

Personally I'd go for Cambiasso's goal against the sexual perverts S&M! :D

As I said earlier, there were some excellent goals from a number of players and Joe Cole's goal was good but not in the same league as the 2 Argy goals.

Its difficult to argue which one was the best out of the 2 Argy goals because they were so different. 1 was a piece of individual brilliance that was pure instinct and the other was just total football.

As I said earlier, there were some excellent goals from a number of players and Joe Cole's goal was good but not in the same league as the 2 Argy goals.

How can you say that Joe Cole's goal wasn't in the same class as the Rodriguez one? :confused:

He was about 30 yards out and stuck it in the only place the keeper couldn't get to.