ATTENTION etc - the gersnet writers guild

as most of you know i have been unwell for a while and am coming back to wellness. i wont be properly back for about a week or so but i just thought i would quickly put this up to start some interest.

i think one of the best points about gersnet is the quality of the discussion - without being snobby or bullshity all the news/results etc are given some proper thought.

so, anyway, in order to boost our numbers, and give some more exposure to the writers of the great posts, i plan to read the developing discussions editorially. if i, or you, reckon they could get a little polish and a title we will make them an article on the main site and add it to newsnow (with your permission of course).

this would be good, i think, because it would mean the site getting more visits without demanding any commitment to regular writing from anyone. i reckon if everyone just posts as they normally would we should have plenty of material. i plan to just do the basic editting myself at first, but we could theoretically have a few people reading with an eye to this if it works out.

if you have any thoughts/comments just let me know.

It's a great idea.

I've been very busy lately with work and personal commitments so haven't been able to write stuff or upload the excellent submissions from Pete/Cammy etc.

Would be great for more people to write for the main site. We have loads of great talent on here and everyone is capable of writing good stuff.

Collating it and giving examples of typical forum threads/replies may attract more people actually into the forum.

:)

i have been working on setting this up over the last few days. i have created a new group "Gersnet Editors" and a new forum for them. the idea is that if you see a post that you could tidy up, give an introduction, and make an article you post it in the Gersnet Editing forum and either Frankie or I will stick it up on the mainsite and newsnow. putting it up on the mainsite is a little bit of a pain but i am working on a way that will put the article straight on newsnow as soon as you put it in the forum.

the lads that have already expressed an interest i will add, and anyone else who would like to do it just let me know and i will add you too. cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna write something, probably tomorrow, about "Mad March", the contrasting fortunes of us and them and a look forward to April. Hopefully it'll be deemed good enough for an edit as I think it could be quite interesting.:thup::D

Modesty is a virtue. Just not one of mine. :devil: