Novo back for Thistle game

Nocho Novo and Stevie Naismith are set to be unleashed on Partick Thistle tomorrow night as Rangers aim to take further strides in the Scottish Cup.

Charlie Adam is also likely to be brought back too as Walter Smith sets his sights on a slot in the semi-finals.

Novo, Naismith and Adam were all ineligible for Sunday's CIS Cup Final triumph - with Nacho and Charlie suspended and Stevie cup-tied.

So they are all certainties to be in the squad - and even the starting line-up - as boss Walter Smith aims to reach the last four.

He said " All of these lads come back into the plans and it's important that all of the squad maintains a level of match fitness with so many big games coming up.

We are certainly not going to make changes just for the sake of it and it will be a strong first team we put out.

We can't take anything for granted and if we need a warning we only need to look at what happened last season when Rangers lost at home to St Johnstone in the CIS cup"

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1268069,00.html

Its good to have these 3 fresh for the game. Its all about getting through in this round and it would be nice to leave a few players out. These 3 will have had the best part of a week without a game.

Id play Novo and Naismith from the start for sure but possibly look at Gow ahead of Adam.

I'd play Gow on the left of Midfield instead of Adam, play Novo on the right of midfield and play Boyd and Naismith up front. If Smith is back to match fitness then I'd play him at LB and play Whittaker at RB with Cuellar and A.N. Other partnering him.

Id prefer to wait for Frasers preview but:

________________Alexander______________

Whittaker_____Dailly_____Webster?_____Smith

Novo_______Buffel______Thomson______Gow

____________Boyd_____Naismith___________

I really don't expect many fringe players to start, on the bench probably but I think most starters will be from our usual squad.

_____________McGregor__________

Broadfoot_Cuellar_Papac__Whittaker

Novo____Davis___Thomson___Adam

________Boyd ______Naismith____