by Lindsay Herron

LORENZO AMORUSO can't wait for his former clubs Fiorentina and Rangers to go into battle for a place in the UEFA Cup Final.

And the former Ibrox captain says the two sides are not only evenly matched but very similar in style.

Amoruso, who joined Rangers for just under �£4m from Fiorentina in 1997, is eagerly anticipating the clashes between the two sides.

Adrian MutuHe told rangers.co.uk: "It's fantastic that the two teams that mean the most to me are playing each other for a place in the UEFA Cup Final, but the sad thing is that one of them has to go out.

"Fiorentina and Rangers will always have places in my heart because they are the best clubs I played for.

"But I won't be supporting either of them when the matches come along - how can I? I will just go to the second leg here in Florence and hope that the best team goes through.

"I think either side could do it and they are very similar because they are teams without superstars but fantastic work ethic.

"Of course, Fiorentina have Adrian Mutu who is a big player and Giampaolo Pazzini is his strike partner who is also a good player.

"But they are a team that works very hard for each other. They don't have the big names like Milan, Juventus and Inter have but they are ahead of Milan in the league in fourth position and with a bit of luck they could be even higher.

"Rangers are the same. Of course Barry Ferguson is a big influence, but the team is working so hard as a unit and that is down to the good judgement ot Walter Smith and Ally McCoist."

The Street is Moving