STEVEN DAVIS is relishing the prospect of making his first trip to Parkhead as a Rangers player tonight and is desperate to make it two wins out of two against the club's greatest rivals.

Steven DavisSteven made his Old Firm debut in the 1-0 win at Ibrox on March 29 and once again put in an industrious performance that Stuart McCall would have been proud of in his heyday.

Having played in massive Premiership games with Aston Villa and Fulham and also come up against some of the world's best players on the international stage Davis has already proved that he thrives on the big stage.

The 23-year-old has been outstanding in Rangers quadruple quest but admits that it does not get any bigger than playing against Celtic in the East End of Glasgow.

Having watched his boyhood heroes in action at Parkhead on TV and get three points Steven hopes he can also achieve this and help Rangers get a victory which will take them one step closer to the championship.

He said: "Old Firm games are always very tough game and there is a lot of importance on this one. Stecven Davis

"If we can win it will put us in a great position but, on the other hand, if Celtic get three points they will get a massive lift.

"So we all know what will be at stake going into the match but hopefully we can do the business on the night.

"I got my first taste of an Old Firm game at Ibrox and it was a great feeling to come off the pitch at the end with a victory. The atmosphere at Ibrox was exactly what I expected.

"I had watched the games on TV before and it was great to be involved in one.

"Obviously I am now looking forward to going to Parkhead to play.

"It will be hostile but I am sure that is something all our players will thrive on."

Kevin Thomson was the Rangers hero when he scored a stunning goal to sink the Celts at the end of March and Davis would love nothing more than to hit the net tonight.

Davis wins the ball from HartleyHis only goal in a Light Blue jersey so far came against Werder Bremen at Ibrox on March 6 but he is desperate to add to his tally as soon as possible.

"Everybody dreams of scoring the winning goal in an Old Firm match, that would be unbelievable.

"Thommo got the last one at Ibrox and I was delighted for him. It is unfortunate that he is now suspended this week.

"But we have a lot of quality players in the squad and whoever is involved will be desperate to get a good result."