ALLAN MCGREGOR wrote his name into the history books on March 29 when he became the first Rangers keeper to record four consecutive clean sheets against Celtic but he doesn't want to stop there.

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor show their thanks to the fansThe club's No. 1 will travel to Parkhead tonight for another crucial clash against Gordon Strachan's men and would love nothing more than to increase his remarkable run to five as Walter Smith's side look to put one hand, or glove for that matter, on the SPL trophy.

Keeping Celtic at bay in front of 60,000 fans in green and white is easier said than done but Greegs is confident his team can once again do the business in the world's greatest derby.

When the clubs last went in to battle it was the men in Light Blue that gained a vital psychological boost with a stunning 1-0 victory.

This game will be remembered for Kevin Thomson's majestic goal but few will forget the fingertip stop which denied Andrius Hinkel a second-half equaliser.

When the German right-back cut inside and unleashed a dipping shot from 30-yard the Celtic fans in the Broomloan Stand were already off their seats ready to raise the roof.

McGregor had other ideas and his save brought back memories of Andy Goram's unbelievable stop to deny Pierre Van Hooijdonk at the same end of the ground during the nine-in-a-row era.

It was another moment of magic from the 26-year-old who has been inspirational in Rangers quest for an unprecedented quadruple this season. Allan McGregor celebrates at the final whistle

Although Carlos Cuellar may be the early favourite to scoop the country's Player of the Year awards for his terrific consistency Allan must also be in with a fighting chance of picking up a few gongs.

Winning individual honours, however, will be the last thing on his mind right now.

The SPL takes centre-stage this evening in Glasgow's East End and Allan is hoping it is his opposite number Artur Boruc that is once again picking the ball out of his net.

He said: "Obviously I would love to keep another clean sheet against Celtic, that would be a dream scenario but as long as we get a result that's all that matters really.

"All the boys will be right up for the game and we have to be quietly confident of getting a result although it will be very hard.

"They will be fighting for their lives and have a league title to retain while we are trying to win it for the first time in three years.

"Both Celtic and ourselves need to be on our toes right now and try to take three points from every game we play in.

"That is what happens when you are with the Old Firm and tonight's game is no different.

"I think we will need to play better than we did in our last two wins over them at Ibrox but hopefully we can come out on top."

Allan McGregorRunning out in front of a packed Celtic Park would have a lot of players quivering in their boots but Allan can't wait to get out on the pitch and strut his stuff.

"I actually quite enjoy going to Parkhead and I think a lot of lads say that. It's a challenge and if you can come away with a win it's the best feeling in the world.

"To be honest I am not too bothered about the atmosphere at away grounds and that's the same at Parkhead.

"Once you are out there you just get your head down and concentrate on the job at hand.

"I have no doubt that tonight's game will start and it will be frantic for a while and it usually settles down after that.

"It will be up to our players to get on the ball and take the game to Celtic.

"We want to win the game, that is our main priority and obviously my aim is to keep a clean sheet again but if we come away with a draw it is perhaps not too bad a result."