Gow could move to Sweden to further career

Apr 19 2008 By Gordon Parks

Scottish Cup Special... Exclusive

ALAN GOW is set to take his season into overtime by joining Swedish side Djurgardens on loan.

The Rangers striker has yet to start a league game since signing from Falkirk last summer and Record Sport understands he is keen on the idea of heading to Stockholm for the next few months in a bid to hit the ground running next season.

The 25-year-old has featured in just two cup matches and is determined to stay and fight for a chance to prove his worth. But despite a growing list of injuries and suspensions Gow has been unable to force himself into Walter Smith's plans.

The Gers boss has told Gow he would be prepared to sanction a loan move and Djurgardens are waiting to find out if a short-term deal can be agreed.

This seems a waste. He is in danger of becoming our Riordan, i.e. signed just to stop other clubs taking him. I thought he looked good in a pre-season friendly v La Galaxy and he was an SPL regular. If he doesn't get a chance now, then I fear he has no future. So what would have the point in signing him?

Don't know what the fuss is about, if Walter wanted him in his team he'd be there. Obviously he hasn't shown his manager that he will enhance the match day squad, and we've done pretty well without him.

A loan deal will get him match sharp and competitive again so makes sense.

Why do so may people spend so much time and energy feeling sorry for players who don't get in the team?

I'm more interested in team results and supporting whoever represents us on the pitch than worrying about some guy who gets paid at least 10 times as much as me.