The Really Don't Know Where We're At Weekly Rants

The State Of Play

So much has happened recently and its worth taking a few minutes to take stock of the season so far, and look forward to what lies ahead for The Rangers of the coming days and weeks.

After a gruelling schedule that has saw us win our first trophy in 3 seasons, we are entering an even more demanding period as the season hurtles towards a its climax. Reflecting on where we are, we are in a very decent position and would have settled for this at the start of the season. Currently, and through this demanding schedules, we have secured a spot in the UEFA Cup Semi-final (no mean feat), have booked our spot at Hampden for the season finale against Queen Of The South but it is the SPL that we all crave and whilst we sit in a more than decent position, we have to hammer home our advantage and secure the title.

So far this season we have shown an unquestionable desire to succeed and an unquenchable spirit that has, to date, shown that this squad of players doesn’t know when it is beaten. At times, the football has been ‘top notch’, at others, it has been ‘rock-bottom’ but the bottom line is these players could establish themselves in the annals of our proudest of proud history. However, to ensure that this dream season doesn’t end as a nightmare, the players will not only have to continue to display this ‘unquestionable desire to succeed and unquenchable spirit’ but they will be required to dig even deeper.

Recent results have been favourable, but it goes without saying that if we had avoided defeat at Torbett Towers, the SPL title would have been in touching distance. It is still in our own hands, and will still be, no matter what happens at Torbett Towers this weekend (no matter what The Traitor McGeady claims – I blame the schools myself) but again, avoiding defeat is a MUST. A victory would see us regain top spot with games in hand – that would be the ideal scenario.

In Europe, we have surpassed all expectations, but like the SPL, we are tantalizingly close to winning the UEFA Cup. Let’s face it, we are only 2 games away from the final in Manchester and who would rule is out getting the necessary result on Thursday (and Sunday)? Personally, I would sacrifice the UEFA Cup for the SPL title - don’t get me wrong, I want all 4, but I demand the SPL title – we have done too much hard work to let it split now. We have also made a pretty penny in the CL / UEFA Cup and have amassed coefficient points like no other season.

So in summary, whilst being handily placed to secure a historic ‘quadruple’ we still have a huge amount of work ahead and if I can borrow a quote from Helicopter Sunday season – keep believing Bears….

Tainted By Stench Of Cheating

Having mentioned the amazing events of Helicopter Sunday, can anyone remember in the title run in, we played Hearts at Tynecastle one midweek and won the game with a ‘disputed’ penalty. Andy Davis gave this decision (that was later proved correct by TV evidence) and his life was thrown into turmoil as his personal details were posted on an internet site and he and his family were treated to a period of intimidation. If that wasn’t bad enough, he was hounded by the impartial and unbiased Scottish Media. In fact, one pundit claimed that the SPL title race had been ‘tainted by the stench of cheating’. So riled with Davis’ decision, the pundit was moved to make this astonishing outburst on national radio in the post-match analysis. I wonder what the same pundits view on Ian Brines controversial decision to chalk of a perfectly legitimate Aberdeen goal at Parkhead on Saturday? Well, the so called pundit claims that it was nothing more than a ‘human error’. Pity he wasn’t so lenient with his words 3 years ago.

Wonder if any Rangers sites will carry Brines personal details and I wonder if we’ll attack his kids at school and abuse him and his family in the street – yeah, I know we all know the answer to that question. Dignity – something your average Tim knows nothing about.

Our Part In Helping Making History

So what can your average ‘joe-punter’ do to help The Rangers make history? Well, we can get off certain players backs for a start. We can also stop taking winning for granted. Sitting at Hampden on Sunday, I couldn’t believe I was watching The Rangers in a Scottish Cup semi-final. I agree that the game was far from riveting, but that was no excuse for the fans to sit back and expect The Rangers to steamroller over St Johnstone (it was just over 12 short months ago that St Johnstone steamrollered Rangers at Ibrox). To say Sunday was ‘low key’ is an understatement.

As I said above, the game was dire, the performance was dire, but surely the team deserves nothing less than our continued vocal support, no matter the competition or opposition? Looking back, the support at the recent Sporting game at Ibrox was ‘low-key’ given our recent high standards in Europe.

So troops, if we want The Rangers to have a historic season, lets HELP not hinder them in their quest. Lets get behind them from start to finish in all our remaining games – no matter the performance, not matter the result, they need us, we can do no less than give them OUR best.

Cammy F – Support The Dublin Loyal - We Are The People…. :rfc:

I seem to remember the kick-up the tims had over being made to play Rangers after a UEFA cup game in 2003...the quote from MON was 'i doubt they would make Rangers do it' or words to that effect, which went unchallenged...well timmy here we are...the SPL so terrified of a title decider they make us play an OF game after a UEFA cup tie...and not just any old UEFA cup tie either...the fuckin semi final!!!!....but we soldier on, accept it and play the games...

WATP

Our Part In Helping Making History

So what can your average ‘joe-punter’ do to help The Rangers make history? Well, we can get off certain players backs for a start. We can also stop taking winning for granted. Sitting at Hampden on Sunday, I couldn’t believe I was watching The Rangers in a Scottish Cup semi-final. I agree that the game was far from riveting, but that was no excuse for the fans to sit back and expect The Rangers to steamroller over St Johnstone (it was just over 12 short months ago that St Johnstone steamrollered Rangers at Ibrox). To say Sunday was ‘low key’ is an understatement.

As I said above, the game was dire, the performance was dire, but surely the team deserves nothing less than our continued vocal support, no matter the competition or opposition? Looking back, the support at the recent Sporting game at Ibrox was ‘low-key’ given our recent high standards in Europe.

So troops, if we want The Rangers to have a historic season, lets HELP not hinder them in their quest. Lets get behind them from start to finish in all our remaining games – no matter the performance, not matter the result, they need us, we can do no less than give them OUR best.

Cammy F – Support The Dublin Loyal - We Are The People…. :rfc:

Could those who cannot or will not heed this advice please not turn up on Thursday (mainly the big game in Europe fairweather neds) and to any other key fixture.

I understand that the fnas sometimes feed off the team, but with the opportunity this team has to make history and become our most succesful squad ever, can some fans please just cheer the team on at games. You can mump and moan in the close season when we're in possession of 4 trophies.

Recent results have been favourable, but it goes without saying that if we had avoided defeat at Torbett Towers, the SPL title would have been in touching distance. It is still in our own hands, and will still be, no matter what happens at Torbett Towers this weekend (no matter what The Traitor McGeady claims ââ?¬â?? I blame the schools myself) but again, avoiding defeat is a MUST. A victory would see us regain top spot with games in hand ââ?¬â?? that would be the ideal scenario.

This game coming up kind of reminds me a bit from 9IAR when our squad was dropping like flies and we brought Andy Dibble and Mark Hateley (back) for the game. Yet we managed to get the win. Same again this Sunday please!!