Now That PLG Has Arrived�

Here is a list of things that David E Murray needs to turn his attention to as soon as PLG confirms that he has the tools in place to get us back to the top of the pile domestically and build on the very going showing in last seasons CL.

Youth Development;

Back on my high horse here ââ?¬â?? we urgently need to get this back under our own control. We urgently need to turn ââ?¬Ë?Murray Parkââ?¬â?¢ ââ?¬â?? which is essentially a training facility into a Youth Development Centre. We must hire the best coaches and the best scouts to ensure that we are getting the best crop of youngsters from all over the world. They must be houses and schooled at Murray Park.

PR Department ;

Again, another pet hate for many Rangers supporters. We urgently need to get an effective PR department that will challenge the lies, half-truths and innuendoes printed in the press. A PR Department that will represent Rangers and us the fans at anti-sectarian events and not allow our enemies to dictate the sectarian agenda. This PR Department would ideally be staffed by Rangers fans, and possibly run in conjunction with The RST and this Bear would nominate David Edgar as the new head of PR.

Fans Groups ;

The RST, TBO, FF, No1 Fanzine as well as the supporters association would all share the responsibility of liaising between the club and the fans. This would include inputs into stewarding (home, away and Europe), fans displays, travel, away ticketing prices / allocation etc. Also, this would include drawing up a schedule for first and second team players to represent the club at Supporters Clubs functions. Failure to attend would lead to fines. They would also work with the club to ensure that the Rangers Museum becomes a reality.

Ticket Office ;

Firstly, this would be moved from a port-a-cabin at the Craptic end to a permanent building within Ibrox. It would be managed and staffed by highly skilled and effective customer care professionals. After all, they are dealing with people who are spending hard earned cash to follow Rangers ââ?¬â?? they would be courteous, helpful and bend over to help the Rangers fans.

Financial Growth

This includes long-term business goals that will ensure the financial stability of the club for generations. It means the board of directors searching high and low for potential backers and when they have identified them, get them to put money into the club to help finance transfer, wages, youth development etc.

Official Publications ;

As said previously, these need a major overhaul and I would like to see the fans becoming involved in the authoring and publishing of articles from the Rangers News, Rangers TV, the match programme and the official web-site.

Match Day Experience ;

Supporters groups like TBO, CDL, CRL etc would be given access to Ibrox on a match day to place flags, banners, TIFO, etc all over stadium. The club would help pay and store ALL banners and these would be allowed to be draped over the stands for a certain time prior to kick-off and at half-time. The pre-match entertainment would be used to build up an atmosphere with the playing of Rangers songs like The Blue Sea Of Ibrox, Follow Follow, Every Other Saturday, Wolverhampton Town etc (the original version, not some raved up versions), with fans URGED to join in and wave flags, scarves, banners etc.

So in summary, whilst congratulating David E Murray for capturing one of the best young managers in Europe, he still has a lot of work to do to make Rangers FC the club that we all want and deserve.

Cammy F

Yep, I agree with most of what you say Cammy.

I reckon we will be hearing more about at least one of your bugbears sooner rather than later.

Certainly I'm sure Murray is aware of what problems exist and what changes still need to be made. Whether or not he wants to actually make these changes is something that is down to finances and his ambition.

As I alluded to the other week I not sure he has either of those qualities available anymore.

Obviously he still wants the club to be successful but is his hunger still there?

Yes,

Yes,

Yes,

Yes,

Yes,

Yes,

and Yes :)

Especially the Murray Park one ...... we should have been well on the way to being light years ahead of the rest by now in terms of youth development. The others have still to catch up in terms of facilities, so we still have time to get it right, but it has to be done NOW!

The fact that Celtic's youngsters can beat us season in, season out, training on their dogshite filled park should be of great shame to Rangers FC and Mr Murray!

Hopefully with PLG at the helm Jim that will change soon - I am sure I read on another thread a while ago that when he looked at the youth teams he was astounded with how poor they were.

He also is renowned for bringing in youngsters and turning them into 1st teamers - again, here's hoping he does this with Murray park

Hopefully with PLG at the helm Jim that will change soon - I am sure I read on another thread a while ago that when he looked at the youth teams he was astounded with how poor they were.

He also is renowned for bringing in youngsters and turning them into 1st teamers - again, here's hoping he does this with Murray park

Who is this youngster Park you talk of? What position does he play? ;)

Who is this youngster Park you talk of? What position does he play? ;)

Lol, surely I don't need to clarify.... he is the new Pele that the Rangers scouts stole from under the noses of Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal, Milan, Madrid, Man U ;)

Lol, surely I don't need to clarify.... he is the new Pele that the Rangers scouts stole from under the noses of Chelsea, Barca, Arsenal, Milan, Madrid, Man U ;)

Which one? There's been about 20 over the past couple of years.