N'Diaye's Chances Looking Good, PLG Impressed With Adam..

Couple of newsbits I took from the official site, thought they were interesting.

SENEGALESE midfielder Makhtar N'Diaye could be on the way to clinching a contract with Rangers while manager Paul Le Guen continues to search for a striker.

Mahktar N'Diaye in action against HamiltonN'Diaye seemed to impress manager Paul Le Guen with his performance in tonight's 4-0 win over Jomo Select, playing most of the match in a central midfield position.

Le Guen knows him from old having worked with him at Rennes four years ago and he wants to make sure he is up to the job.

The manager said: "It is possible he could win a contract. I thought he did well in the match with Jomo Select. He has been working hard and I will make a decision at the end of the week."

Le Guen is still on the hunt for a frontman. He said: "I am still looking for a striker."

Wasn't overly chuffed when we took this lad on trial in the first place, but if he's impressing a guy who seemingly has high standards, then fine. As long as he isn't asking for big wages. It would give us decent options in the central midfield position with Fergie, Hemdani, Clement and now him, so it seems.

PAUL LE GUEN has revealed that Charlie Adam could have a big future with Rangers after the youngster grabbed three goals in tonight's comfortable 4-0 win over Jomo Select.

Adam spent all of last season in the First Division helping St Mirren to the title and his future was unsure.

However, Le Guen has involved him heavily in the pre-season programme so far and reckons he could have a role to play in the season ahead.

Le Guen, who was generally satisfied with the team performance, said: "Charlie was the man of the match, of course, and I was very pleased with him and his goals.

"I know he was on loan last season, but he has talent and he has worked very hard so that is pleasing. He can be a part of my squad for sure.

"Overall I felt it was a good performance from the players. They all did well. I was happy with the new players. I knew they would be fine because they are sharp and fit."

This I'm happy with. I've always been a fan of wee Charlie, and God knows we need a player with a decent left peg. All being said, it wasn't great opposition he got his hat-trick against, but 3 goals from midfield against anyone is not to be frowned upon.

Le Guen obviously preferred Adam to McCormack. Great to see a young player getting a chance. N'Daiye seems to be shaping up as well. Great if we end up with a reasonable player for nothing. His wage demands won't be that high either i would think.

Le Guen obviously preferred Adam to McCormack

Nothing to do with that Pete. McCormack was allowed to leave as we have plenty of strikers but as we don't have any decent left sided midfielders, Adam has been given his chance to prove his worth.

Nothing to do with that Pete. McCormack was allowed to leave as we have plenty of strikers but as we don't have any decent left sided midfielders, Adam has been given his chance to prove his worth.

I thought they were both two left-sided attacking players koeman that is why posted. If Adam scored 3 from left -half tonight then we may have a real star arising.

I think Novo could do well again if given a run thru the middle. A couple of goals to get his confidence back and he'd score 20 goals easy. Eck ruined his confidence by playing him in the wide positions.

Yeah and he got high balls played to him and he is the smallest player on the park

I'd like to see Novo get a chance,along with the rest of them, IMO he's more dangerous than PL, so we won't miss him if Novo gets back to his early Rangers form.....can someone remind me how much we got for PL.

I'd like to see Novo get a chance,along with the rest of them, IMO he's more dangerous than PL, so we won't miss him if Novo gets back to his early Rangers form.....can someone remind me how much we got for PL.

Nought. Zip. Nada. Zilch.