Rangers' David Weir may be a doubt for Thursday's Uefa Cup semi-final second leg against Fiorentina.

The defender hobbled off with a groin strain during Sunday's 3-2 loss at Celtic Park and midfielder Steven Davis is nursing a similar problem.

Carlos Cuellar is available after serving a ban against Celtic, while Barry Ferguson and Kevin Thomson return from European suspensions.

But Allan McGregor, Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam are among those sidelined.

Steven Naismith, Chris Burke and DaMarcus Beasley are also on the Ibrox injury list.

With the tie poised at 0-0, Rangers need a positive result at the Stadio Artemio Franchi to reach the final in Manchester on 14 May.

And Walter Smith's side can take heart from their last visit to Italy - a 3-2 Uefa Cup win over Livorno in October 2006.

That score remains the only ever victory for a Scottish club on Italian soil but Spanish defender Cuellar believes Rangers can improve on the record.

"My feelings are very positive," the 26-year-old told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"We were very focused throughout the whole match and Fiorentina did not have too many chances to score at Ibrox.

"I think that we have a great opportunity to reach the final. We can win and get through in Italy."

Cuellar has already been voted Player of the Year by his fellow professionals in what has been an outstanding first season in Scotland.

"I arrived with high hopes and thanks to all the confidence my team-mates have given me I have adapted very well to this football," he added.

"It is different to Spain and I am already totally integrated in Scotland.

"We are alive in all the competitions that we are disputing. I am playing a lot of minutes, I have played in the Champions League, we have a chance to win the Uefa Cup.

"The coach has given me a lot of confidence since that first day that I arrived in Glasgow and I am trying to respond in the best way possible.

"We are doing something very difficult and I hope to have won everything at the end of the season."

Found this on the BBC, don't know what to make of it... Everyone knows he should have won POTY, but someone else had one good game against a very poor Aberdeen... and so the mhedia got to work on this campaign as their previous attempts to get it awarded to Brown failed when he played even worse than when he started...

It would be good to see Weir make it, been a rock this year and thought he was excellent in the 1st leg! If not, King Carlos will keep whoever he plays alongside in check!

Edit: link to article. Was correct as of 9am in case it gets changed...

but it says he was voted by his fellow professionals? forgot about the league awards though I'm embarrassed to say! slight mistake by the author perhaps!

Anyone know when the mhedia make their announcement for writers POTY?