The Waiting Is Over

Finally, the waiting is over, the sense of anticipation that has been with us since we defeated Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup semi-final has almost been extinguished. We are less than 48 hours away from witnessing Rangers in a European cup final for the first time in 36 years. This is the moment that we have all been waiting for. A club like Rangers requires to be regulars in the later stages of Europe and for once, we have an achievement to be proud off.

I know you will all be like me, shaking like a leaf, unable to eat or sleep thinking of all the permutations in the climax of this unthinkable, but more than welcome season. For a few short days, we can put the controversy of the SPHELL behind us, we can afford to take our eyes of the domestic ball, and focus on the chance of winning our 2nd European trophy.

With the final being in Manchester, it allows easy access for a huge travelling support (not that weââ?¬â?¢d not take a huge support no matter where the final was being held) and I hope that ever last one of us enjoys the game and the occasion no matter where they are watching from. To those going to Manchester, lets show the world that we are ââ?¬Ë?simply the bestââ?¬â?¢. I donââ?¬â?¢t need to reiterate that we should be on our best behaviour. Wednesday will be our 19th European game this season and we havenââ?¬â?¢t had a fan arrested. I wonder if any other club in Europe could boast of this brilliant behaviour? I wonder if the Scottish establishment will push for UEFA to honour us by installing us with the Fair Play Award, the same award that was given to Celtc after Suville. Lets face it, weââ?¬â?¢ve had no planes diverted, no riots at airports, no arrests ââ?¬â?? we must be a shoe in for it. I also wonder if the unbiased and impartial media will regale us with documentaries focussing on our travels to Manchester or if Scottish MPââ?¬â?¢s will raise a motion in Parliament to have Walter Smith Knighted?

Anyway, enough of the ââ?¬Ë?tongue in cheekââ?¬â?¢ comments and lets get back to the importance of this game. I would expect, just like Helicopter Sunday, every Rangers fan will have their own unique story to tell come Thursday and hopefully Wednesday will have the same jubilant outcome as that infamous Sunday had. The result of the game could go along way in determining the course of our SPHELL and Scottish Cup campaigns as well. It could also see us have a huge rise in prestige and see our name catapulted to the higher echelons of European Football.

This squad has continued to surprise us with its resilience, with its never say die attitude and with its unquenchable will to win. Can this be enough to defeat a very decent Zenit side? Who knows, only time will tell. However, one thing that we have grown to understand about this team, you�d be stupid to write them off. In a way, it is a huge disadvantage playing a side managed by an ex-Rangers manager, as he�ll know and understand that we are not to be underestimated. I just hope that his players don�t heed his warnings.

I still canââ?¬â?¢t believe that I am on the verge of witnessing The Rangers in a major European final. I donââ?¬â?¢t think itââ?¬â?¢ll finally sink in until the teams emerge from the tunnel on Wednesday and I hear (and be part off) the all mighty roar that will great the players. This is (but shouldnââ?¬â?¢t be) a once in a lifetime opportunity. I will try to savour every second of the day, but like Barry said in his fantastic article ââ?¬Ë?The Madness & Genius Of Crowdsââ?¬â?¢ - http://www.gersnetonline.net/vb/showthread.php?t=7130 I donââ?¬â?¢t think Iââ?¬â?¢ll fully appreciate the night, the achievement or the importance of this game until I have time to sit and scrutinise the season after the last ball has been kicked. No matter how much you try and absorb every aspect of a momentous occasion, it doesnââ?¬â?¢t really sink in. Again, Helicopter Sunday is a prime example of this. The game went past in a blur and it wasnââ?¬â?¢t until after the event that I realised just how fortunate I was to actually be there, but it took a few days for the realisation of the enormity of what I had witnessed to sink in. I have already stated to family and friends that come Wednesday, I will be an emotional wreck ââ?¬â?? I know I wonââ?¬â?¢t be alone!

As I said above, for a few short days we can put the domestic trials and tribulations to one side and hopefully enjoy this fantastic occasion ââ?¬â?? the domestic situation will be back to the forefront before we know it. So once again, no matter where you are watching the game, no matter how you are getting to Manchester (if you are part of the friendliest invasion in history!) ââ?¬â?? fookin enjoy it folks (look out for the gernset banner!) ââ?¬â?? no doubt those travelling to Manchester will meet up with friends (old and new) and make so many new friends in the process ââ?¬â?? So good luck to one and all, good luck to Walter, Ally, Kenny and the backroom staff and all the best to Barry Ferguson and the players - however, if I may, I would like to end this article with a reminder that some of us wonââ?¬â?¢t witness this occasion ââ?¬â?? they will be there in spirit though ââ?¬â?? absent friends ââ?¬â??

Cammy F - We Are The People (as the world is about to witness) :rfc:

Great article.

That's me heading off now.

Safe trip to all the bears, and remember, win or lose, "we arra people"

Enjoy mate. I hope you come back happy and safe.:thup:

Guest bobby

Good luck to all you guy;s who are going to the game hope its

a great night for all of us we will be watching it here in Perth

[Australia] so all the best everyone bobby: :thup::thup::thup:

Good luck to all you guy;s who are going to the game hope its

a great night for all of us we will be watching it here in Perth

[Australia] so all the best everyone bobby: :thup::thup::thup:

You also! And I hope you wont be watching it in that bar in Hay Street next to Novotel