What is WS transfer funds ?,if rumours are corrcect it's 10mill,if this is true then I don't think it's enough,how many quality players can we get for that ?.I really hope he gets more than than that to spend,we have had enough of signing mediocre players and I for one think the fans deserve to see some quality after too long watching average players pull on the Rangers FC jersey.I know our days of signing Laudrup,Gazza,Albertz and the likes are gone,and I also appreciate the fact that we need to keep our finances in order,but we have just had a financially successfull season and I think WS should be given a decent amount of money to bring the SPL title back home,also we the fans deserve a team worth watching and bragging about,especially so we can stick two fingers up to all the Rangers HATERS !!!!!!.Sir David Murray.................get yer finger oot and give WS some proper backing because WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

I think he will be shrewd until we qualify for the CL then we might see a few more million being available.

I cant see Murray risking spending 10-13 million and with us not guarenteed being in the CL proper.

But we do need some quality forward players.

Full backs. We need full backs. I can'thandle another season of having centre halves playing full back. We've seen first hand what a good proper full back can contribute in the attacking sense. Adapted centre halves can't do this.

Even if it is only 10 million available we should still be able to get some quality - what we DON'T need are squad players. I'd rather 5 mill was spent on just 2 players if they are the right ones. After all it's not that long ago that we could attract the likes of Prso. Sorry, don't think Lafferty comes into that category.

Even if it is only 10 million available we should still be able to get some quality - what we DON'T need are squad players. I'd rather 5 mill was spent on just 2 players if they are the right ones. After all it's not that long ago that we could attract the likes of Prso. Sorry, don't think Lafferty comes into that category.

Yip good point, Id rather we went for 2 x 5 million players or 3 x 3 million players who would walk straight into the first team rather than squad players.

Yip good point, Id rather we went for 2 x 5 million players or 3 x 3 million players who would walk straight into the first team rather than squad players.

Yep, I think I made a similar point on another thread.

WS has a BIG squad but he hasn't really utilised it this season just past. That being the case he needs to decide if he is going to use a squad or a team and hope for no injuries.

Either way given the size of the squad we dont need any more squad players, we need first teamers.

Not sure I agree that we need full backs though. With Stevie Smith coming back from injury and Papac playing really well I dont think we need an LB. As for RB that is Whittaker's supposed natural position so we should see him as starter there next season (especially as our wide midfielders should all be fit too so he shouldnt have to cover in that position) - though we do need a suitable back-up for the position (would Lowing be trusted) ?

I would also rather see 2x5 million players or 3x3 million players - we have a large squad now and what we need to start seeing is us now looking for quality not quantity.

We have the quantity already so now we should be looking for those 2 or 3 players who can really make a marked difference - a CB (possibly not if Webster can prove his fitness), an attacking midfielder and a striker - the spine of the team.

I agree papac has done well, but he is limited. That is blindingly obvious. Broadfoot is terrible, Smith has been out for along time and we have no guarentee he will be up to par when he comes back regularly. Look how long it took Hutton. Whittaker has barely played right back, and is looking more and more like an Ian Murray style utility player rather than an out and out full back. And Lowing, despite Broadfoot's form was nowhere near the team.

I agree papac has done well, but he is limited. That is blindingly obvious. Broadfoot is terrible, Smith has been out for along time and we have no guarentee he will be up to par when he comes back regularly. Look how long it took Hutton. Whittaker has barely played right back, and is looking more and more like an Ian Murray style utility player rather than an out and out full back. And Lowing, despite Broadfoot's form was nowhere near the team.

Papac will never get a game at CB so is now an LB for us. If Smith comes back from his injury (and no reason to suggest he wont as he will have had a solid pre-season) then signing an LB will leave us with 3 LB's and IMO we don't need a third one.

I understand what you are saying about Whittaker but the reason he played in midfield in the 2nd half of last season was due to the amount of injuries we had. I have no doubts he was set to replace Hutton at RB until those injuries - next season I am certain that we will see him at RB and will not be used elsewhere unless we get the same injuries in midfield.

We do need a back up RB although I can still see WS sticking with Broadfoot as back-up.

I think our pressing needs are not the full-back positions but CB, AM and ST.

Agree with Craig, a LB is nowhere near a top priority as Papac, Smith and even Whittaker can play there.

RB could be an issue but Whittaker should get a run here. Im really hoping WS doesnt keep Whittaker in midfield as he is another Ricksen type player - offers nothing dangerous in attack.

Call me crazy, but I would rather have players playing in their positions. Centre backs at fullback is a nonsense. Hutton was our most effective attacking force in the first half of the season. Think of the amount of assists Neville, Carlos, Zambrotta etc get each season. Look at the Italian boy for Lyon, the way he played us. In the modern game, you have to have fullbacks as comfortable attacking as they are defending and papac and broadfoot quite simply aren't. Don't get me wrong, I think Papac was superb defensively for us. His covering for his centre halves was outstanding throughout the season, but after the 'rebuilding' season we have jus had and the aount of money we have brought in I think the least we can expect is fullbacks who are actually fullbacks.