Jun 1 2008 Exclusive By Scott Mcdermott

SPANISH star Carlos Cuellar is ready to commit himself to Rangers by signing a new long-term deal.

The SPL Player of the Year has been a revelation in Glasgow since his s2.4million transfer from La Liga side Osasuna last summer.

Despite Gers' dramatic collapse in the title race and defeat in the UEFA Cup Final, Cuellar has been outstanding for Walter Smith's side.

His form has attracted the attention of Newcastle United as well as a host of Italian and Spanish outfits.

But the 26-year-old's agent last night told MailSport there has been NO contact or official bid from any club.

And Pedro Bravo hinted his client is so settled in Scotland he'd be willing to extend his current contract which expires in 2011.

Bravo is adamant the only way Cuellar will leave is if chief executive Martin Bain receives a bid Gers can't turn down - like the s9million Spurs splashed out to land right-back Alan Hutton.

Bravo said: "I have heard all the rumours about Newcastle and teams in Italy or Spain wanting Carlos.

"But I haven't heard anything official. There has been no contact or bid.

"Carlos is happy in Glasgow and doesn't want to leave. The Rangers fans have been incredible with him.

"I spoke to Martin Bain in Manchester at the UEFA Cup Final and told him how happy Carlos is.

"He told me Rangers are not interested in selling and that was good enough for me.

"The only way Carlos would leave is if Rangers received a bid they decide they can't refuse. Then Martin would have to talk with me and Carlos.

"But if Rangers want to speak to us about extending Carlos' contract I will be on the first flight to Glasgow.

"Carlos is on holiday at the moment but loves life in Scotland and would be keen to stay."

Ive been confident Carlos will stay. We should be giving him at least 25k a week to stay on and be the backbone of our team for at least the next 3 seasons

He's 6ft 2 with curly hair, his teeth are fucked but we dont care.............

"The only way Carlos would leave is if Rangers received a bid they decide they can't refuse. Then Martin would have to talk with me and Carlos."

this sentence sets the alarm bells ringing

this sentence sets the alarm bells ringing

Yeah i suppose its out of hands, but there would be uproar if he accepted a bid.

Nothing below 15 million would do IMO.

As Alex Scott the non legend ;) says above - we need McGregor to stay now.

All that article does for me is say 'Hey English Clubs, Carlos is available if the price is right!' It doesn't actually say we're offering him a new deal. If you read between the lines, his agent is saying : 'treble the wages or I'll find someone who will. In fact I'm gonna try anyway.':(