Will keep these posts separate from the main thread as the thrust is linked directly with Gersnet...

http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=649&Itemid=1

Tennis, golf and RFC supporter group splits boring you? Time for The_Insider to tell you of the latest info he's heard regarding any comings and goings at the club. It's all good, clean fun so please don't get too excited (or more likely depressed) at the gossip we bring you in this light-hearted look through the transfer window...

As usual we'll start with the players Rangers are interested in. Despite downmarket red-tops claiming war-chests of Ã?£20million, the money currently available to Walter Smith is nowhere near that amount. As it stands, despite raking in around Ã?£30million last season (from Hutton/Europe) the manager only has Ã?£6million to play with ââ?¬â?? plus any income from players who do leave.

Kenny Miller has already arrived ââ?¬â?? much to the disappointment of many Rangers fans ââ?¬â?? so around Ã?£1.6million has already been spent. Because of this arrival Peter LÃ?¸venkrands will now definitely not be coming back to Ibrox. Not sure that will cheer up those of us still depressed at the return of Miller but I donââ?¬â?¢t think weââ?¬â?¢d have coped with two average ex-players coming back in one summer.

Moving on, as he was in January, Kyle Lafferty is still very much in Smithââ?¬â?¢s sights. Able to play wide or in attack, the big Northern Irish player may be beyond Rangersââ?¬â?¢ current budget though. Rangers have offered Ã?£2.2million but Burnley are holding out for around twice that fee ââ?¬â?? with Celtic and Wolves the other clubs seriously interested.

Rangers are also now monitoring the Dundee Utd midfielder Morgaro Gomis. The former Montpellier and Chelsea youth player has risen up the ranks quickly from spells in English lower league football before being signed by the Tayside club from Cowdenbeath. Impressive displays in three games against Rangers means the club may put in a modest offer for the Frenchman whose contract runs out next summer. Utd are also interested in a couple of Rangers fringe players so a swap deal may please both parties.

All the above are hardly rumours which will excite the support so the pressure will be on the club to move on as many fringe players as possible to maximise the budget available to the manager. Several players are available and, while the club donâ��t want to lose prize asset Carlos Cuellar, The_Insider has heard the Spaniard actually has a �£10million release clause in his contract. The player himself doesnâ��t want to go but after the Hutton debacle, who knows what his future will hold.

Allan McGregor is another asset whose future is in doubt. Rumours have been abound for many months now that the Scotland international goalkeeper is interested in a move to Spurs. Gersnetâ��s information is that Smith will allow the keeper to leave for around �£8million although Spurs prefer a stepped deal from around �£5million.

Despite paper talk of interest from various English clubs in Kevin Thomson the club have not had any offers for the player. However, the lad is looking to sign a new, improved contract and who can blame him a considering he also did his skipper�s hard work for much of the campaign. Rangers would do well to instil a disciplinary clause into any negotiations and save themselves some money ahead of his inevitable bookings next season.

The strongest link out we have heard in recent days is that Jean-Claude Darcheville will be on his way in the summer. A �£1.5million fee has been agreed with an as yet unnamed continental side so it appears the likeable French strikerâ��s Rangers career has finally been hamstrung.

That�s all for this week, so if you can bear the excitement and tension, keep an eye on the site (and forum) for all the latest transfer gossip concerning the Rangers.

:box:

said a good while back that mcgegor will move to spurs for 7 mill. i think that this will be the case. i also dont expect cuellar to be here next season either with newcastle being top dogs to capture his signature.

this is the real level of ambition of our club folks. a dog fight for the spl with an honourable discharge in the champions league and if your really lucky (like we were last season) a good run in the concilation cup. no fucking ambition whatsoever.

i cant wait for the new season.......:brick:

Gomis from Dundee Utd would suit me fine. I was really impressed with his performances against us last season. Great work rate too.

Unfortunately one rumour that is likely to come true is that Walter won't be bringing through any MP youngsters into the first team.

What is with this Lafferty interest!! If he was that good Im sure bigger clubs than Wolves would be looking at him.

Never seen Gomis play but he is at another run of the mill SPL club and im already fed up being linked with them.

Thomson, Cuellar, McGregor and Darcheville are all current starters in my XI, so to read they can all possibly move out is depressing. JCD is the only one id let go for the money.

Have heard that we are looking at Romanian Nicolae Mitea from Ajax - maybe Pete can give us a low-dwon? Fee in the region of 4mill Euros

Cammy F

I can only read that he is free to leave Ajax. No price is mentioned.

4 mill is far too much as he never played 1 game for them last year and the two years before that hardly ever played for them either.

He arrived 5 years ago and did play regularly in the first two years. In the 3 seasons after that he played 1-8-0 games.

personally i think he is far too lightweight for the SPL as he is only about 5'7 and skinny(140lbs).

He is a good technical player but another injury worry imo.