Sunderland in for Ceullar

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is ready to smash his wage ceiling to land Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar.

The Sunday Mirror says Keane is ready to make Cuellar the highest paid player in Sunderland history after lodging a �£7million bid for the Rangers defender.

Boss Keane hopes to lure the 26-year-old Spanish star, the Scottish Premier League player of the year, by offering him �£45,000 a week - well above what any player currently rakes in at the club.

Hope this isn't true. Even if it is, I hope he ignores the money offer, he could do far far better than Sunderland.......in a COUPLE of seasons :D

Last week Newcastle

This week Sunderland

Next week Middlesborough

The following week Portsmouth

The week after that West Ham

The week after that Man City

And so on until 31 August 2008.

Anyone get the message here yet from our friends in the mhedia. This is the silly season, please remember that.

From 15-20(guess) to 45.000 is a big incentive to play for anyone.

I don't know if he will ever play for one of the top teams as he is limited in his forward play. I don't see Arsenal or Manu being interested in him to be honest.