that is a load of bollocks , sorry but just where do you get your information from , our deal was �£18 million up front plus �£3million per season for 10 years not including bonuses which could take the deal to near �£75 million plus we still own our own licences . The money is guarenteed and we have no overheads , they recently announced that profits would be down as costs increased yet they are still credited with a better deal , unbelievable

Welcome to the site, mate. :thup:

Yes, rbr is correct. We spent around �£3m on closure costs IIRC, so we are effectively getting �£4.5m per annum, excluding savings in interest which could be worth up to �£1m per annum.

However do we not get money from Umbro on top of that?

Guest ackbar
that is a load of bollocks , sorry but just where do you get your information from , our deal was �£18 million up front plus �£3million per season for 10 years not including bonuses which could take the deal to near �£75 million plus we still own our own licences . The money is guarenteed and we have no overheads , they recently announced that profits would be down as costs increased yet they are still credited with a better deal , unbelievable

I forgot the �£3M a year loyalty bonus, having said that though that still means that we earn4.8M a year and they earn 5 a year so the deals are comparable in that respect.

what does make their deal better is that theirs is only over 5 years, so if they renew the deal when it concludes (as I assume both they and NIKE will) then they would start another 5 year contract which would assumably net them at least the same as the first deal, so over all they would earn 50M where as we would earn 48M (both pre bonus and not including sales). To that end they are earning 2M more.

Now ally that to the fact that their strip is now on sale in every NIKE shop on the planet but ours is only sold by our strip partners in the UK then they get more advertising from it and increase their profile exponentially.

so far as your point regarding having no overheads go, do you not think that JJB get a sizeable portion of any sales in their shops? Or do you think that they sell them and pass all the money onto Rangers? :thup:

Now ally that to the fact that their strip is now on sale in every NIKE shop on the planet but ours is only sold by our strip partners in the UK then they get more advertising from it and increase their profile exponentially.

Very, very annoying, plus with the whole Nakamura/Mizuno situation they should be coining it in from the land of the dog eaters.

Combined with the fact that the whole world should just give them money as they have been so hard done to.....well i think the champions league bekons for the unclean!

I forgot the �£3M a year loyalty bonus, having said that though that still means that we earn4.8M a year and they earn 5 a year so the deals are comparable in that respect.

what does make their deal better is that theirs is only over 5 years, so if they renew the deal when it concludes (as I assume both they and NIKE will) then they would start another 5 year contract which would assumably net them at least the same as the first deal, so over all they would earn 50M where as we would earn 48M (both pre bonus and not including sales). To that end they are earning 2M more.

so far as your point regarding having no overheads go, do you not think that JJB get a sizeable portion of any sales in their shops? Or do you think that they sell them and pass all the money onto Rangers? :thup:

Are we not taking about apples and oranges? You are comparing strip sponsorship with merchandising.

They get �£5m from Nike. What do we get from Umbro? According to the following link, we get �£6.5M. http://www.eufootball.biz/Sponsorship/1195.html

If you read my previous comment, the JJB deal (different from the Umbro deal) is worth in excess of �£5m to us. If we look at Celtic's accounts they had �£13.3m and �£14.3m of income from merchandising over the past 2 years. If you assume a margin of 20% then you will see that they are making between �£2.5m-�£3m.

Are we not taking about apples and oranges? You are comparing strip sponsorship with merchandising.

They get �£5m from Nike. What do we get from Umbro? According to the following link, we get �£6.5M. http://www.eufootball.biz/Sponsorship/1195.html

If you read my previous comment, the JJB deal (different from the Umbro deal) is worth in excess of �£5m to us. If we look at Celtic's accounts they had �£13.3m and �£14.3m of income from merchandising over the past 2 years. If you assume a margin of 20% then you will see that they are making between �£2.5m-�£3m.

cheers bluedell , and as far as the worldwide availability of strips , I was in New york and Miami in april and I can guarantee there were no major displays of celtic strips in any Nike store I was in , and I was in plenty , it was the same years ago when we were sponsored by nike we were in Florida and there were no strips available in any of the nike superstores