Thought we may aswel stick this in here too.

Liverpool reported to be ready to bid �£12m for Stewart Downing from Boro. IF this came off I think he would be a great signing.

Liverpool need more quality in a few areas. Up fron they are ok, I like Kuyt in his new RM role, Gerrard obviously a lynch pin. Carrageher is outstanding, Babel looks a player.

I'd say Downing would bring a lot to that team, but they possibly still need 2 or 3 more world class players......Villa would be a great start :D

Just for you Craig.........

Arsenal plan �£18million Portuguese swoop

13:48 June, 27, 2008

Arsenal Football Club are set to make a move for Miguel Veloso.

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The Portugal international is one of the most highly-rated midfield players in European football, and the agent of the 22-year-old claims the Gunners are interested in the Sporting Lisbon ace.

“We did not have normal contact from the Arsenal board, but from a member of the technical staff at the club," said Paulo Barbosa. "At the moment there is not a formal offer yet, but it is possible that will happen soon.”

Veloso has a buy-out clause of �£23.7million, but Arsene Wenger is set to table an offer of around �£18million.

Not heard of this guy before but its a lot of money. Whinger still looking for the youngsters so it seems....

Just for you Craig.........

Not heard of this guy before but its a lot of money. Whinger still looking for the youngsters so it seems....

He was average against us but generally hes a very good player.

I missed that Wij, fingers crossed he pisses off an I'll look forward to my winnings from Craig ;)

Was quite funny really. Clearly this one is a greedy wee shite! But to be fair, he is African and where they come from its hard not to see the money talking.

Arsenal striker ‘demands Ã?£120,000 a week’

by stresstercloseAuthor: stresster Name: Champ Kind

Site:

About: Currently listening to Maximo Park, Hot Chip and Bloc Party on my ipod. I've started cooking oriental noodle dishes, which are turning out great, at least that's what my friends say. Pretty much obsessed with football though, I support a mid-table League One team, don't have any strong Premier League leanings but admire Arsene Wenger's work at Arsenal. Also think David Moyes has worked wonders for Everton. As for Man United and Chelsea, nothing against them but managing them is a steering job, non? Anyone got any good golf tips?See Authors Posts (887) on June 27, 2008

197 words | 3 comments

There is more chance of Spurs finishing in the top four next season, than Arsenal agreeing to quadruple this player’s salary.

Like millions of other people, we should really believe everything we read in The Sun, but they’ve been known to get it wrong nearly all the time, that’s the problem. Therefore, when they claim in an ‘exclusive’ that Emmanuel Adebayor is demanding Ã?£120k a week to stay at Arsenal, you can’t help but feel that a) it’s an exclusive because it’s a fictional claim and b) even if there’s any truth in it, the club are not going to smash their wage structure for Mr Greedy Guts.

Apparently, Milan and Barcelona are prepared to pay him this ridiculous sum of cash and, while the Gunners might hike up his current Ã?£30k-a-week deal (it’s a wonder that the striker can afford to eat at the moment), it will be a modest increase for a player who is by no means the real deal.

Should Arsenal let him go and focus on bringing in players who want to play for the club? Surely they shouldn’t be held to ransom by a striker who is possibly the third-best at the club anyway?

Going on from your reply Jim, probably no truth in it, but if so, whata greedy fucker!