Gers Launch Women's Team

RANGERS Football Club today announced the launch of a Ladies' Team, the latest addition to the Club's growing Girls' and Women's Football Programme.

Arthur Numan with Jayne SomervilleThe team will be based alongside the men's first team squad and the youth teams at Murray Park and will compete in the Scottish Women's First Division.

Rangers' Ladies has been formed following a close partnership with Paisley City Ladies, which was involved in Rangers Club Development Programme last season.

John McMonagle, Chair of Paisley Ladies, welcomed the move and the opportunity it provides for the players to take their game to the next level.

He commented "This is a great opportunity for the players to become part of such a big club and we are really excited about the season ahead.

"The coaching and training facilities at Rangers are second to none and will provide a fantastic opportunity for them to develop and really reach their potential."

The Club has worked over the last year to prepare the infrastructure necessary to support this expansion and has recruited respected coach Drew Todd to head up the new team.

Todd, a former Rangers Youth Academy coach, has a proven track record in player development and is thrilled to be rejoining the Club,

He commented "I've been offered a few opportunities to come back to club coaching but none have excited me as much as this.

"I know we have a great bunch of players lined up to represent Rangers, with a real appetite to learn and improve their skills.

"This move is all about the Club making a long term commitment to these young players and Rangers is providing a professional environment for them to develop into top footballers."

The new team has attracted a number of under 17 and under 19 internationalists, as well as full senior internationalist Jayne Somerville who has been Arthur Numan with Jayne Somervillenamed team Captain.

Somerville, who has a season ticket in the Copland Road Stand, said, "I can't wait to pull on the blue jersey and play for Rangers!

"I've played in the Women's Champions League, and for my country but this tops the lot. I'm still only 21 so I can improve further and the set up at Rangers is better than any other club I know.

"As Captain I hope that I can help some of the younger players improve and reach their potential and who knows, we could even be representing Rangers in Europe in a couple of years time!"

Head of Community Football Raymond Farrelly added "We are delighted to expand the existing provision for girls' football at Rangers.

"By adding the Rangers Ladies Team our objective is to provide the next step in the pathway for the talented young players we have graduating from the Rangers Girls U17 side.

"These young players will receive the highest quality football coaching within the best facilities in the country.

"This combined with the opportunity to represent a Club of the stature of Rangers will undoubtedly develop these players to their maximum potential."

How many will McGregor have had by now.:)

Im a bit more worried about you than McGregor :fish:

Hopefully i will be stalking them to Germany tomorrow or Saturday.

It is the Scotch pies that Boyd and Adam have that i am after.:)