Please Come in David Murray Your time is up.

I am writing this thread as a true Rangers fan who would like to see a change at the top of the Ibrox tree as do many other fans,

I am not going to start slagging David Murray as i respect what he did for our club throught the years but i fell his time is up and the sooner a buyer is found the better,

The buyer must have the clubs best intrests at heart, but personnally i feel we are going backwards under Murrays leadership he clearly has lost intrest in the club with his lack of financial backing of the team this season its early days and we could still see some serious money beng spent on 2 or 3 quality players i am not asking to put the club in the debt that we had before but to spend some of the earnings from last season on improving the 1st team to battle for the SPL and a decent Champions League run

What happened to thi supersized new Ibrox - All will be revealed in April another smoke screen from Murray to sell season tickets.

my opinion and thats only what it is , is the guys heart isnt in it anymore and he wants to settle down on his vineyard with his partner.

I would just like to see a Breath of Fresh Air at Ibrox.

Anyone Agree/Disagree ?

A new owner who was able to take the club forward would be most welcome. Fresh enthusiasm and new ideas would do a lot for the club.

However who is going to buy the club knowing that a bad result on Tuesday would result in a �£10m+ loss for the year? A buyer would know that and realise that if that happens 2 years in a row, all he is going to do is pump cash into the club. Not an encouraging scenario for any potential buyer.

Spending? Most, if not all of last season's cash has gone already.

The supersized Ibrox? In this instance I don't go for the usual smoke-screen. My feeling is that the lack of finance available from the economy generally and HBOS specifically have resulted in the plans being shelved. Whether this is permanent or not depends on who long the current economic problems continue and how long Murray stays around.

While I agree that Murray may not be the best leader of our club, I have to say your synopsis lacks any foundation.

Last season we were a whisker away from our most successful season ever. If that's going backwards then I've got everything the wrong way round.

We've gone from losing the league by ten to twenty points to narrowly losing at the end with the mitigation of a horrendous schedule of games.

We've also gone from a ranking of 50 odd in Europe to the top 20.

Doesn't look like backwards to me.

We may have had a bad result last night but are you going to prejudge our season after one game?

As to spending money, where is it supposed to come from - or do you want a sugar daddy like Abramovic who has put his club into about �£700M of debt? That's ok while he's there but what if he completely loses interest a la Brooks Mileson?

A new owner can't rely on the fans financial backing either if the last share issue is anything to go by.

The spending over the last few seasons is actually extremely high when you look at our finances. You could even say too high as our debt is not exactly comfortable.

As for the stadium, I'm sure something will come of it but I doubt it will be a 70,000 super stadium. All that is happening right now is a feasibility study and Murray has not blown it up to be more than that - it is the media and fans like yourself that have done so.

At the moment Murray has expanded the stadium to a 51,000 all seater which has attained 5 star UEFA rating. Celtic may have a larger stadium but it is not 5 star as it is nowhere near the same quality as it was built on the cheap with thousands of seats having a restricted view.

Hampden is also larger but only by about a thousand seats and again it does not match the quality of Ibrox, especially if you think about how far some fans are away from the pitch.

We don't have the largest stadium in Scotland, but we do have the best, are you going to blame Murray for that?

As for having his heart in it, he seemed to have lost it a few years ago, when he "broke" his plaything, but whether or not you like what he's doing, he seems to be back with motivation again.

I think the only think you have genuine complaint about is that he promised an announcement about the stadium in May which he didn't deliver.

Then there is the question of whom you would like instead? Romanov?

You may not like Murray, and most of us would like to see a new owner, but at least get real about it instead of making it up.

While I agree that Murray may not be the best leader of our club, I have to say your synopsis lacks any foundation.

Last season we were a whisker away from our most successful season ever. If that's going backwards then I've got everything the wrong way round.

We've gone from losing the league by ten to twenty points to narrowly losing at the end with the mitigation of a horrendous schedule of games.

We've also gone from a ranking of 50 odd in Europe to the top 20.

Doesn't look like backwards to me.

We may have had a bad result last night but are you going to prejudge our season after one game?

As to spending money, where is it supposed to come from - or do you want a sugar daddy like Abramovic who has put his club into about �£700M of debt? That's ok while he's there but what if he completely loses interest a la Brooks Mileson?

A new owner can't rely on the fans financial backing either if the last share issue is anything to go by.

The spending over the last few seasons is actually extremely high when you look at our finances. You could even say too high as our debt is not exactly comfortable.

As for the stadium, I'm sure something will come of it but I doubt it will be a 70,000 super stadium. All that is happening right now is a feasibility study and Murray has not blown it up to be more than that - it is the media and fans like yourself that have done so.

At the moment Murray has expanded the stadium to a 51,000 all seater which has attained 5 star UEFA rating. Celtic may have a larger stadium but it is not 5 star as it is nowhere near the same quality as it was built on the cheap with thousands of seats having a restricted view.

Hampden is also larger but only by about a thousand seats and again it does not match the quality of Ibrox, especially if you think about how far some fans are away from the pitch.

We don't have the largest stadium in Scotland, but we do have the best, are you going to blame Murray for that?

As for having his heart in it, he seemed to have lost it a few years ago, when he "broke" his plaything, but whether or not you like what he's doing, he seems to be back with motivation again.

I think the only think you have genuine complaint about is that he promised an announcement about the stadium in May which he didn't deliver.

Then there is the question of whom you would like instead? Romanov?

You may not like Murray, and most of us would like to see a new owner, but at least get real about it instead of making it up.

Backwards? It's backwards alright. Two last-day league wins in eight years. And even the stadium we used to regard as the best in Britain now looks tawdry and neglected. Seems even paint is now beyond our means. Murray has very much become the anchor around the Ibrox neck.

I agree something seriously wrong is going on, but exactly where to lay the blame is becoming a grey area. What is Bain's say in all the decisions being made at the moment? Walter Smith must also stand up and take some blame. Why has he spent 6 million on three strikers when it has been glaring people in the face that the midfield needs strengthening. On buying Miller he stated we need more movement up front but if it is only to chase a Davie Weir punt we would have been better keeping Sebo as he would chase lost cause all day. Even now Walters main target is bringing another centre-half to the club. I agree we need a better CH but why the hell did he bring back Weir and Dailly. We get rid of Thomas Buffel to free up Wages and then bring back Christian Dailly to play in midfield. Sorry i can't get my head round that one. Walter has steadied the ship has been said for the last season but as far as i can see he has steadied it by guiding it nicely to the bottom of the sea. We are playing with a team of Centre-half's and strikers who mostly play out of position. That is not Murray's fault the blame for that lies with one man, and that is Walter Smith.

In my opinion David Murray's heart is not totally on the job at the moment and it is possibly time for him to move on, but for me his biggest mistake was in bringing back Walter Smith.

Guest Arnold

A thread on David Murray could turn into a 50 pager.

You can cite loads of reasons for him to go and the reasons for him to stay are beginning to wear quite thin.

I won't go into a rant and I'll keep it simple... if someone expresses a desire to move on from Rangers then they no longer have the best interests of the club at heart or the ambition to justify remaining at Ibrox. When that person is the main man that makes the big decisions, he has to leave as soon as possible.

As Arnold says a thread on Murray and the other wrong things at RFC could go on all day.

But its the small simple issues that should be addressed first like having a port-a-cabin for a ticket office with a support our size - its ridiculous.

Ibrox is still a great place to go but it could be done with a few modern touch ups. The Govan, Broomloan and Copland are all 25 years old now and you get the feeling they are that age at times. If we got a new super stadium then great but giving Ibrox a bit of a facelift and rennovated plus ripping out the screens would be fine also.

Guest dirtybill

I agree that Murray is no longer the man to take the club forward anymore, it has become apparent (some time ago) that the welfare and the state of our beloved club plays second fiddle to his inflated pension fund, and like it has been mentioned the state of the stadium also seems to be outwith his plans its now clear for all that the club needs fresh ideas from a younger more buisness and Rangers orientated leader, all this smoke and mirrors in may with this big 500 million plan for Ibrox and the surrouding area this is no longer washing with the fans