Since we are now producing tops without the name of out shirt sponsor, does this have any financial implications? If I were the Chairman of Carling who was paying millions to sponsor a football team I would be pretty miffed if the club in question were producing strips without their logo. At the end of the day, sponsorship is about brand visibility & promotion so having hundreds of thousands of people over the world wearing strips with your name on it(or not as the case may be) makes sense. Therefore why allow this to happen?

ps. sorry if this point has already been raised.

Guest mac attack
Since we are now producing tops without the name of out shirt sponsor, does this have any financial implications? If I were the Chairman of Carling who was paying millions to sponsor a football team I would be pretty miffed if the club in question were producing strips without their logo. At the end of the day, sponsorship is about brand visibility & promotion so having hundreds of thousands of people over the world wearing strips with your name on it(or not as the case may be) makes sense. Therefore why allow this to happen?

ps. sorry if this point has already been raised.

I agree totally with you about the financial implications but look at the respect FC Barcalona get for not covering their top with an ugly motif.I say sod it, ditch all advertisments from the top..The only thing that should be on the top is our club crest.

I agree totally with you about the financial implications but look at the respect FC Barcalona get for not covering their top with an ugly motif.I say sod it, ditch all advertisments from the top..The only thing that should be on the top is our club crest.

The difference between us and Barca though mac is that Barca don't have a sponsor whereas we have a sponsor who SHOULD be pissed off at tops being manufactured without their names on it.

Just think of all the money Barca have let slip through their bank accounts by not having a sponsor for over 100 years (admittedly sponsorship is a relatively new phenomenon).

Guest mac attack

Am I right in thinking that these strips where originally wanted by and supposed to be for the Rangers FC supporters in the muslim community who don't want to be advertising alcohol?

That's interesting, I never thought the shirt with no logo would be available. Maybe Carling are happy as it shows them being responsible in terms of kids not buying a top advertising a beer?

Which is nonsense, but in these overly PC times, mightbe good publicity for them.

I went to the megastore at Ibrox for my top today and the wee burd who served me was delicious. She wasn't wearing a name badge and I think her boss was next to her so I didn't say anything.

spike3d....think that it is pretty harsh of you to call me a "spastic employee" you dont even know me lol

think he was referring more to the guys that manage training in the shop than you personally

Am I right in thinking that these strips where originally wanted by and supposed to be for the Rangers FC supporters in the muslim community who don't want to be advertising alcohol?

that is correct. There is also an objection to kids tops advertising alchohol aswell. Though it isnt law at the moment there is enough support growing for it to be banned so expect that in a season or two.