Completely Fed up

Guest PortGlasgow

Guest PortGlasgow

The positivity of following Rangers seems to be ebbing away bit by bit over the summer. At present we're without decent fullbacks who can get forward, no wingers in midfield who can take(and beat) their opposite numbers and more importantly no midfielder who can control the game or routinely take the ball forward and create something for the strikers.

Cousin who I think is best striker at Rangers (with the exception of Velicka who is still to prove himself) is no where near the last 2 team selections. Boyd hasnt got a chance in the present set-up, he needs a constant supply of quality deliveries into the box which I cant see happening with the players at disposal. Cousin/Velicka seem the only option to attack defences. Even then its folly to rely on them without decent support from midfield.

Signing Davis would be a start but we still need at least 1 or better two attacking wingers to drag this team into something resembling a potent attacking side. Hopefully Wednesday and today have had the effect on the exposing the glaring weaknesses to those in charge and kick starting the effort in sorting it out

If these additions aren't made then im dreading the coming season as potentially we could be out of europe and suffering a irretrievable deficit in the league before key players come back from injury.

Im far from confident about this teams chances on Tuesday and if we lose and forfeit any decent CL income then the whole season is a failure before its even begun. Thomson, Cuellar and McGregor will be made available to be sold on to scrape back the losses.

Apologies for the negativity but im completely fed up about the current squad

The positivity of following Rangers seems to be ebbing away bit by bit over the summer. At present we're without decent fullbacks who can get forward, no wingers in midfield who can take(and beat) their opposite numbers and more importantly no midfielder who can control the game or routinely take the ball forward and create something for the strikers.

Cousin who I think is best striker at Rangers (with the exception of Velicka who is still to prove himself) is no where near the last 2 team selections. Boyd hasnt got a chance in the present set-up, he needs a constant supply of quality deliveries into the box which I cant see happening with the players at disposal. Cousin/Velicka seem the only option to attack defences. Even then its folly to rely on them without decent support from midfield.

Signing Davis would be a start but we still need at least 1 or better two attacking wingers to drag this team into something resembling a potent attacking side. Hopefully Wednesday and today have had the effect on the exposing the glaring weaknesses to those in charge and kick starting the effort in sorting it out

If these additions aren't made then im dreading the coming season as potentially we could be out of europe and suffering a irretrievable deficit in the league before key players come back from injury.

Im far from confident about this teams chances on Tuesday and if we lose and forfeit any decent CL income then the whole season is a failure before its even begun. Thomson, Cuellar and McGregor will be made available to be sold on to scrape back the losses.

I'm sorry but that is NOT negativity. It is simply facing facts. It would be negativity if you were simply making it up for effect, which you're not.

The recent obsession with negativity, and the tendency to vilify people for being negative, usually comes from supporters who persistently refuse to face these facts.

There is no shortage of ostriches amongst us.

Agree 100% with the post and also with the reply before mine. Having just watched the Liverpool game on LFC TV, we were awful to say the least. Something needs to be done.... Fast :rfc:

Im going to be the 3rd person to agree fully on this thread.

The quality of our team is well below expectations and this goes back to last season. People are stating its only pre season but our level of performances have been awful. Yet we'll go back to playing in the SPL and beating terrible teams like Kilmarnock, St Mirren etc etc and everyone will think everything is rosey in the garden.

The options we have in midfield are terrible. Losing Barry Ferguson is a blow but in hindsight its a wake up call to the fact we need some better players in and cant (and shouldnt) have to rely in 1 player.

I cant get my head round signing strikers without letting them go rather than bringing in midfielders. Id much rather have went for Varynen, Davis and Lovenkrands aswell as Madjid at the back. Those first 3 players would have given us something much different when going forward.

EDIT: And for those who think stating the facts are wrong (being negative), please tell us who you expect to come into the team and start creating things for us. I know we have until the end of the month to sign a midfielder but by Tuesday it could all be to late in Europe, I bet quite a few are not totally confident about Tuesdays 2nd leg. WS should have sorted out the midfield in July.

Im going to be the 3rd person to agree fully on this thread.

The quality of our team is well below expectations and this goes back to last season. People are stating its only pre season but our level of performances have been awful. Yet we'll go back to playing in the SPL and beating terrible teams like Kilmarnock, St Mirren etc etc and everyone will think everything is rosey in the garden.

The options we have in midfield are terrible. Losing Barry Ferguson is a blow but in hindsight its a wake up call to the fact we need some better players in and cant (and shouldnt) have to rely in 1 player.

I cant get my head round signing strikers without letting them go rather than bringing in midfielders. Id much rather have went for Varynen, Davis and Lovenkrands aswell as Madjid at the back. Those first 3 players would have given us something much different when going forward.

EDIT: And for those who think stating the facts are wrong (being negative), please tell us who you expect to come into the team and start creating things for us. I know we have until the end of the month to sign a midfielder but by Tuesday it could all be to late in Europe, I bet quite a few are not totally confident about Tuesdays 2nd leg. WS should have sorted out the midfield in July.

To those wishing to state facts. This time last season we beat a full strength Chelsea 2-0 at Ibrox with a team that WS inherited from PLG, this time around with the team that WS has put together we got stuffed by a Liverpool 3rd string...

Chelsea (4-4-2): Cech (Hilario 45); Diarra (Carvalho 45), Ben-Haim, Terry ©, Johnson (A Cole 62); J Cole (Wright-Phillips 45), Sidwell, Lampard, Malouda (Mikel 45); Shevchenko (Pizarro 45), Drogba (Sinclair 70).

Rangers 2 - 0 Chelsea

LIVERPOOL: Cavalieri (Reina 62), Dossena, Skrtel (Hyppia 46), Keane (Nemeth 58), Gerrard (Spearing 58), Torres (Ngog 46), Plessis (Alonso 46), Benayoun (Pennant 71), Arbeloa (Darby 46), Kuyt (Insua 58), Carragher (Agger 46).

Rangers 0 - 4 Liverpool

Chelsea: Cech, Essien, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Joe Cole (Anelka 91), Ballack, Makelele, Lampard (Shevchenko 119), Kalou (Malouda 70), Drogba.

Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Obi, Alex, Belletti.

Goals: Drogba 33, Lampard 98 pen, Drogba 105.

Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel (Hyypia 22), Riise, Kuyt, Alonso, Mascherano, Benayoun (Pennant 78), Gerrard, Torres (Babel 99).

Subs Not Used: Itandje, Finnan, Crouch, Lucas.

Goals: Torres 64, Babel 117

From 2007