26 members have voted

1. 1. Your MoM v Hearts

• Allan McGregor
    • Madjid Bougherra
    • Kevin Thomson
    • Pedro Mendes
    • Kyle Lafferty

Poll to follow:

Rangers take the spoils with solid - if unspectacular - display against hard-working Hearts at Ibrox.

* Allan McGregor - 7

One spill late on but superb double block just after half-time helped secure the points.

* Kirk Broadfoot - 7

Generally did very well as once again he found himself playing full-back. Very solid defensively.

* Madjid Bougherra - 7

Helped create the opening goal and looked very impressive at the back. Excellent distribution.

* David Weir - 7

A decent game from veteran but lack of pace was again evident as Hearts pushed for equaliser.

* Sasa Papac - 7

Mr Reliable put his usual unflappable shift in at left-full back. Could attack the ball more at times.

* Lee McCulloch - 4

Seemed to pick up leg knock very early in game and struggled to get into match after that. Will struggle to feature very soon.

* Pedro Mendes - 8

Started brightly and after fading slightly towards half-time did even better in second period. Sublime touches on the ball and looks an exciting prospect.

* Kevin Thomson - 8

Incredible graft and work-rate as he was permitted to do the dirty work and allows others to create.

* Kyle Lafferty - 7

Always struggling with hamstring but worked very hard and took goal superbly well. Good touch and looks dangerous on the ball.

* Andrius Velicka - 6

Flitted in and out of game but has to be stronger against tough SPL defences.

* Kris Boyd - 5

Didn't have the best of first halves and didn't improve after the break. Brought one good save out of Hearts keeper and slotted penalty away nicely which should help obvious lack of confidence.

* Kenny Miller - 6

Unusual right midfield position for Scotland man but he performed well under spotlight from many fans.

* DaMarcus Beasley - 6

Did pretty well when he replaced Lafferty and will feel he deserves starting spot for next game.

* Jean-Claude Darcheville - 3

Late sub not seen at all.

:)

Only listened to it on the radio. Have to wait to see it on Gers TV before I cast my vote.

Wattie has to be one of the favourites to get the nod. For no other reason than finally realising that McCulloch was having ANOTHER STINKER and hooking him. :devil:

Only listened to it on the radio. Have to wait to see it on Gers TV before I cast my vote.

Wattie has to be one of the favourites to get the nod. For no other reason than finally realising that McCulloch was having ANOTHER STINKER and hooking him. :devil:

Sorry, has to be cancelled out by the poor decision to put LM in the starting line up.

Sorry, has to be cancelled out by the poor decision to put LM in the starting line up.

:D Yeah, good point. Surely now he has to spend some time out of the team. Especially with the new signings on their way.

F**K ME. I've just realised I tried to second guess wattie when it came to his team selections.

What was I thinking. :confused:

I thought Lafferty played well. good at holding the ball and good first touch, him cutting back inside and running at the defenders, not seen that for a while and took his goal well. boyd on the other hand was woeful, him and velicka are too alike with no pace at all. i like him but apart from his well taken pen he was bad. thommo and mendes were the best as well for me, mendes has a great touch and thommo does some work in there.

If it wasn't for WHO he is Ferguson would struggle to get back into the team if Thomson and Mendes maintain that type of playing relationship. Thomson and Mendes almost immediately seemed to complement each other incredibly well.

They inter-changed forward bursts, neat little one touch passes, generally seemed to know where each other would be at all times. I was very impressed with how well they seemed to complement each other given they had not trained together at all.

I thought Lafferty played well. good at holding the ball and good first touch, him cutting back inside and running at the defenders, not seen that for a while and took his goal well. boyd on the other hand was woeful, him and velicka are too alike with no pace at all. i like him but apart from his well taken pen he was bad. thommo and mendes were the best as well for me, mendes has a great touch and thommo does some work in there.

With the right service boyd and velichka will do well. i dont think lafferty and McCulloch provided one decent ball to the strikers yesterday. beadsley and miller showed the two of them up big time when they came on.

With the right service boyd and velichka will do well. i dont think lafferty and McCulloch provided one decent ball to the strikers yesterday. beadsley and miller showed the two of them up big time when they came on.

I think Boyd and Velicka are too similar to be playing in the same team.