Let's All Laugh at Roddy Forsyth

http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=668&Itemid=1

Boring old Spiers wannabe Roddy Forsyth certainly showed he's capable of taking up the corduroy mantle with a glaring school-boy error in today's online Telegraph.

As Forsyth prevaricated over the pathetic behaviour of the Tartan Army booing the British national anthem (well sung by the ever boisterous away support) he, as usual, felt the need to bring Rangers into his usual poorly-written attempt at a tediously polemic article:

“It was a splendidly surreal spectacle to witness the NI fans performing that Rangers speciality, the 'bouncy’, while wearing green and holding up a banner directed at the Ibrox chairman’s anti-sectarian efforts. The message read: 'Thank you, Sir David — our culture is not a crime’.”

As expected, with the continual errors of the Scottish Fourth Estate, it was no surprise to find out Forsyth had got it wrong once more. In this context ‘Sir David’ is actually the nickname the away support use for star-striker David Healy. The banner reference was of course to the similarly pathetic and hypocritical moaning from some Celtic fans because he’d indulged in a bit of pre-season banter in Fulham with the more tolerant members of the away Celtic support – after which Healy was forced to apologise for mimicking the playing of a flute.

Only in Scotland would the booing of our own country's anthem being excused while the playing of a instrument as a riposte to wind-ups about July 12th be a subject of outrage. Forsyth enjoys being at the forefront of such faux moral comment - just don't ask him to be balanced or accurate in his criticisms, even if, like Spiers, he's supposed to be writing for a quality broadsheet newspaper.

Even so, I wouldn’t normally waste valuable bandwidth of the likes of the attention-seeking Forsyth (a place on the Radio Clyde phone-in panel must surely beckon?) but in this instance, I’m sure any decent football supporter will join with me in pointing and laughing at this joke of a journalist.

Must try harder, Roddy!

:D :D

http://www.gersnetonline.net/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=668&Itemid=1

Boring old Spiers wannabe Roddy Forsyth certainly showed he's capable of taking up the corduroy mantle with a glaring school-boy error in today's online Telegraph.

As Forsyth prevaricated over the pathetic behaviour of the Tartan Army booing the British national anthem (well sung by the ever boisterous away support) he, as usual, felt the need to bring Rangers into his usual poorly-written attempt at a tediously polemic article:

ââ?¬Å?It was a splendidly surreal spectacle to witness the NI fans performing that Rangers speciality, the 'bouncyââ?¬â?¢, while wearing green and holding up a banner directed at the Ibrox chairmanââ?¬â?¢s anti-sectarian efforts. The message read: 'Thank you, Sir David ââ?¬â? our culture is not a crimeââ?¬â?¢.ââ?¬Â

As expected, with the continual errors of the Scottish Fourth Estate, it was no surprise to find out Forsyth had got it wrong once more. In this context ââ?¬Ë?Sir Davidââ?¬â?¢ is actually the nickname the away support use for star-striker David Healy. The banner reference was of course to the similarly pathetic and hypocritical moaning from some Celtic fans because heââ?¬â?¢d indulged in a bit of pre-season banter in Fulham with the more tolerant members of the away Celtic support ââ?¬â?? after which Healy was forced to apologise for mimicking the playing of a flute.

Only in Scotland would the booing of our own country's anthem being excused while the playing of a instrument as a riposte to wind-ups about July 12th be a subject of outrage. Forsyth enjoys being at the forefront of such faux moral comment - just don't ask him to be balanced or accurate in his criticisms, even if, like Spiers, he's supposed to be writing for a quality broadsheet newspaper.

Even so, I wouldn�t normally waste valuable bandwidth of the likes of the attention-seeking Forsyth (a place on the Radio Clyde phone-in panel must surely beckon?) but in this instance, I�m sure any decent football supporter will join with me in pointing and laughing at this joke of a journalist.

Must try harder, Roddy!

:D :D

Nicely-written piece Frankie. I've actually always liked listening to Forsyth on Radio 2 but this has made me think again. It was a cheap point he was trying to make. I can't imagine any Rangers members of the TA booing God Save the Queen - it was surely another instance of the Tims' identity crisis.

Nicely-written piece Frankie. I've actually always liked listening to Forsyth on Radio 2 but this has made me think again. It was a cheap point he was trying to make. I can't imagine any Rangers members of the TA booing God Save the Queen - it was surely another instance of the Tims' identity crisis.

Mate, I always found Forsyth to be pretty much irrelevant in Scottish journalism. He was always the token network Scottish commentator (radio 5) and usually had little to say in way of interesting debate.

Over the last year or so though he seems to have set his stall out (in the Telegraph at least) to be court controversy and deliberately obtuse.

Quite pathetic and tedious.

Pathetic from Forsyth. Poor journalism from a poor journalist.

I am very patriotic but the Tartan Army really do my tits in. This "Professional Scottishness" they seem to adopt makes me sick. Its your job to boo all other nations and hate all things English.

There's actually not that many partial or decent Sports journalists in Scotland IMO but that from Forsyth is unbelievable. Just shows they don't do much work to find out things before they write their crap and just make things up or have a guess!

I thought the NI fans were fantastic and the Tartan Army (those who booed anyway) should have a good hard look at themselves, do they not know they live in the UK?

Unfortunately most of his readers will believe him. Even if he gets a few readers to turn against us he will be well pleased. I don't think he will give a shit about it being accurate or not he will have gotten a few believers on board.:brick:

I have a book Big Roddy(ra Proddy), penned back in 1990, 'The Only Game', a history of Scottish football. It's a decent attempt, well researched and well written. I fear this book has been Forsyth's career high, the last 18 years being a struggle to find a niche already firmly occupied by the ****** Baptist.

BBC Scotland love Roddy, he willingly utters their every fantasy about the Rangers support. His sister, Janice is ying to Roddy's yang, constantly articulating west end dinner party sensitivities to social and economic ills. This is Roddy's mistake too.

His latest faux pas, so cruelly and legitimately exposed by Frankie, proves Roddy's research these days extends all the way to the end of his sister's dinner party table. Love the Manchego and Tio Pepe, hate the Huns, absolutely.

Roddy, consider yourself an arsewipe.