It appears we're not getting Filip Sebo.

"Rangers appear to have missed out on striking target Filip Sebo.

Austria Vienna have told BBC Sport that, following a meeting of directors on Tuesday, they have decided to end negotiations with Rangers.

"We have told Filip we will not let him go and there will be no transfer to Glasgow Rangers," said a spokesman.

The Austrians, who begin their domestic campaign on Tuesday night against Graz AK, say that Rangers failed to meet their valuation of the 22-year-old.

Rangers had been warned that Vienna were seeking double the original offer of about �£1.2m.

It appears that the Ibrox outfit did increase their bid, but Vienna wanted Rangers to meet their valuation before the start of their own league campaign. The coaches know I want to leave and understand my situation

Austria Vienna striker Filip Sebo

The Vienna spokesman could not say whether the situation would change if Rangers now met their valuation - or did not reach the group stages of the Champions League.

"Filip was honoured to be wanted by a club like Rangers, but he is happy to stay," he insisted.

It has been reported that Sebo would make a direct plea to the Austrians' general manager to allow him to join Rangers.

"I have asked for a meeting with Mr Kraetschmer to tell him I want this sorted out," said Sebo.

"The coaches know I want to leave and understand my situation, but it isn't up to them - it's up to the owners."

Markus Kraetschmer had told the Sunday Express: "The offer has been improved slightly. But, for me, it is not a very interesting proposal.

"Sebo is an important player for us and our main sponsors have already said they want to build a team around him."

Ibrox boss Paul Le Guen had turned his attention to Sebo after losing out on Sweden international Johan Elmander, who opted to join Toulouse.

Sebo joined Vienna from Artmedia Bratislava last summer and scored 22 goals in his first season as they completed a league and cup double."

Didn't realise he was a former Artmedia player...

Looked a decent wee player.

So they wanted what, £2.5m? How much have we actually spent this summer? We paid a couple of hundred thousand for Svensson and that's it, right? And we still can't afford £2.5m?

I think the signings have been

Svensson - 600k

Clement - 1.1 mill

Sionko - Bosman

Stanger - Free

Ponroy - Free

Furman - Free

N'Diaye - Free

No doubt I have missed someone - and likely someone important....

The NET spending is less though because we also got 500k for Zurab - that correct ?

So much for David Murrays comments regarding the new manager have significant funds available.

I don't want to see a return to the WS and DA days, but after all of DM's procrastinating, I did think we would have had some money to strengthen the squad.

The transfer window doesn't close for another 6 weeks, but IMO we need players in place now so we can get them intigrated into the squad etc.

Another case of shallow words (or downright lies) from Liar Liar himself, Mr David E Murray.

Cammy F - The Sooner That Lying So-And-So Goes The Better Loyal RSC

You love DM really, Cammy, don't you? :D

But aye, it's become unbearable watching our great club cowar at the thought of paying over £2m for someone.

Makes it hard to watch teams like Wigan buy diddy's like Heskey for £5m5m without breaking a sweat.

You love DM really, Cammy, don't you? :D

But aye, it's become unbearable watching our great club cowar at the thought of paying over �£2m for someone.

Makes it hard to watch teams like Wigan buy diddy's like Heskey for �£5m5m without breaking a sweat.

Make no sceret of loathing the man that is killing the club we love....

And it isn't just his management of funds that I am talking about, its his mismanagement of Rangers FC from top to bottom - the ticket office is a shambles, he has sold off every asset of ours that made money, he has sold off our youth development and if the RST hadn't gotten wind of it, he would have sold off Ibrox as well.

The man is killing the club and refuses to stand up for us, his customers :admin: knowing that our loyality will bring us back year after year.

Cammy F

I'm not his biggest fan either, and I'm all for him selling inside the next 3 years, but only if it's to someone who can take it forward. I'm not going to support getting rid of Murray just to bring in someone even worse.

The lesser of two evils, so to speak.

How much are we talking about by the way, when he does sell?

I'm not his biggest fan either, and I'm all for him selling inside the next 3 years, but only if it's to someone who can take it forward. I'm not going to support getting rid of Murray just to bring in someone even worse.

The lesser of two evils, so to speak.

How much are we talking about by the way, when he does sell?

Beatie, can it get any worse that Murray tho? He has SOLD OFF all our assets, taken us �£70M debt, sold our YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, ripped us off right left and centre and REFUSED to stand up for us against the press etc.

IMO, we can hardley get any worse off than we already are...

Cammy F