Ibrox Development Project News

You're right, not everything he's done has been bad ... and of course he can reasonably claim to be a very successful businessman. However, my only interest in David Murray is insomuch as he affects Rangers today.

To an extent, it's the very fact that he can so easily claim such successes in his other business interests that almost demands that his oversight of our recent recline is highlighted to what often comes across as an unquestioning support. That he may be judged as having once been good for Rangers cannot cloud the issue as it stands today.

If I'm wrong then I apologise but at the time we won NIAR the club's finances were relatively healthy as I recall. It has been the time since the Advocaat experiment started to unwind that Murray has lost the plot and for which his stewardship entirely deserves to be questioned - if only he would occasionally answer some of those questions!

I'm really not the least interested in Murray as a person but his actions (or lack of them) as chairman these last few years have been negligent and unacceptable. I believe his outbursts at last weeks AGM showed a great deal about his relationship with this club.

I realise these views run contrary to those of many members of this forum but they are the views I hold as honestly as I know how.

Nice to see you admit that he has had successes in the past maineflyer. And as for the rest of your post..... it is hard to find fault with it. In fact, had you initially started your tenure on this forum with that type of somewhat balanced approach then I would have been lauding you ;)

I think that, for the most part, your post above would be concurred with by many fans, myself included.

Don't expect him to answer questions about the demise post NIAR though - there actually arent that many Chairmen or CEO's who want to, or are willing to, answer the tough questions. Just look at the debacle with AIG this month - their most recent THREE CEO's were asked to appear before Congress - one of them didnt attend citing ill health but sent a prepared statement. Now, when Congress asked them why things went tits up every one of the three blamed the other two. It isnt just SDM who likes to deploy deflection tactics.

mmm.... this is a very interesting point!! Lets see then eh. Arab Wealth? Well as you pointed out most of it comes from the oil industry, so let me ask you... Is the Oil industry legit? Serious question btw!! Now believe it or not, this is an important question because as individuals, large percentages of our incomes are forked out for fuel (re- the 85 yr old pensioners that have to pay almost 100 quid a month for electricity). Ok, so the electricity companies are taking a massive share of this money, but ultimately the people supplying the fuel are either the Arabs or 'the others'/nazi-style global domination obsessed governmental types.... depending on your opinion of course.

Sorry but this is nonsense Shroomz. You suggest that the arabs and their wealth is somehow not legitimate simply because they are selling the fuel ? It is simple supply and demand economics, in my opinion. They have the supply and western economies have the demand - we will pay the appropriate price for fuels given market economics. Now what amuses me here is that you kind of stumble upon one of the true reasons why pensioners are getting "screwed" and that is the government. Did you know that about 80% of the cost of petrol is pocketed by Gordie Brown and Westminster ? So how do you make that the arabs as being somehow shady ?

Sorry but I think you will find that the arabs supply oil at what is deemed to be a fair price - if it wasnt a fair price then there would be no-one purchasing. You want to blame someone for the price of fuel and electricity perhaps look closer to home and to OUR government, not the arabs.

Is the oil industry legit ? In a word, yes. Oil companies are heavily regulated by the governmental authorities (I work for an insurance company that insures the major oil companies). They actually do a lot of good in the community as well (at least in the US). Are they legit ? Yes. Provide me evidence to the contrary and I will stand corrected. Give me some kind of debate to work with as to why you believe they are not legitimate.

Legitimately? Righty ho.. see my points above & if they aren't enough to make you think about what's actually going on in our world I'll maybe suggest more food for thought. :onetoomany:

Oh I love conspiracy theories but to simply stand and cry wolf without backing it up with your own examples of fact makes it a lesser argument. I will happily debate this with you. Just tell me why you believe they are not legitimate (and, sorry, but pensioners paying over the odds for electricity is NOT a legitimate argument for the arabs being shady) and we can debate it.

Perhaps we should take this to the bluenose lounge though.

BTW, not having a go at you Shroomz, I enjoy your posts - I just so happen to disagree with you on this one.

Nice to see you admit that he has had successes in the past maineflyer. And as for the rest of your post..... it is hard to find fault with it. In fact, had you initially started your tenure on this forum with that type of somewhat balanced approach then I would have been lauding you ;)

I think that, for the most part, your post above would be concurred with by many fans, myself included.

Don't expect him to answer questions about the demise post NIAR though - there actually arent that many Chairmen or CEO's who want to, or are willing to, answer the tough questions. Just look at the debacle with AIG this month - their most recent THREE CEO's were asked to appear before Congress - one of them didnt attend citing ill health but sent a prepared statement. Now, when Congress asked them why things went tits up every one of the three blamed the other two. It isnt just SDM who likes to deploy deflection tactics.

Get a grip man, you appear to be losing it here. Murray is a thoroughly bad egg in every respect and you will never find yourself lauding me. The reason most fans concur with me is that I'm right.;)