Rangers 2 : 0 Hamilton - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Obviously did well for you to give him the MOTM, what was it that impressed Frankie?

From what I've read from others on a couple of the threads, Boyd and Davis did very well also. Broadfoot was also always getting a mention on the videoprint.

MOTM was a tough one last night when the team didnt really have to get out of second gear all night.

Id pretty much agree with the sponsors, thought Davis showed his class at times, he did frustrate me now and again though as you said Frankie, he almost seemed too casual and did give the ball away.

Thought Edu looked a bit lost in the first half, seemed to settle a bit more after half time and passed the ball well in the second half, would like to see more of him but im struggling to see opportunities to play him when our central midfielders are fit.

Boyd done OK, worked the defenders once or twice but should be doing that more IMO. He should also have won a few more headers but came deep a few times to look for the ball and started spraying passes about near the end :eek:

Davis was IMO average, I don't know how he got MOTM, good ball in for the goal but he missed a sitter, craps out of tackles, his passing wasn't great and sits too deep and doesn't make enough forward runs to help Kirk on the right.

Edu plays is simple, breaks up the play well, good in the air and not scared to tackle, my MOTM as well.

When we get the ball not enough players run forward to make options or give support and whoever has the ball always cuts back and the chance has gone. Edu, Mendes and Davis should have got forward more IMO, hopefully BF can give us this option!

Hamilton were poor.................

Edu? No way. Didn't fight hard enough for me. Too often he was second to the ball. Passing was poor in the first half. He did get better but wasn't mom for me.

Davis, Broadfoot and Boyd were the best players for me last night.

Back four and McGregor were rarely tested

Edu? No way. Didn't fight hard enough for me. Too often he was second to the ball. Passing was poor in the first half. He did get better but wasn't mom for me.

Davis, Broadfoot and Boyd were the best players for me last night.

Back four and McGregor were rarely tested

funny how people see things differently, davis for me was average at best, not going in for tackles, poor distribution of the ball, not going forward to support Kirk. good ball for the goal but that was it for me.

Edu on the other hand got stuck in, won a lot in the air and kept it simple and his passing was far better than SD IMO as he found his man the majority of the time unlike SD. I don't know if it's WS tactics or what but there was not much support from the midfield when we got the ball going forward all far too defensive.

Kirk played well as did Boyd I agree.........