Currently, we are being portrayed, and seen as the BNP, Hezbollah, Al Qaeda of football and have a huge job to turn this perceived image around. However, this is a direct consequence of Dodgy Dave�s continued refusal to publicly back us, the Rangers support.

For years, many media outlets in this country have openly lied about the actions of Rangers fans. From the supposed riots in Sunderland and Bradford to us cutting our pitch to resemble a sash to the annual criticisms of our kit, sections of the mhedia have shown their agenda ââ?¬â?? to demonise Rangers Football Club and itââ?¬â?¢s supporters.

Now, I could go on and on about things that have been printed in certain papers by certain journalists, but I am aware that the Amazon rain-forests are running out of tress and I don�t want this blamed on Rangers fans��.

Anyway, it�s safe to say that we all know the main culprits and their many lies and innuendos. I have to interject here and discuss the UEFA decision and that by not challenging this, David Murray has given our enemies ammunition and by god are they using it to their advantage. The RST rightly said that only through education and not condemnation could we change attitudes, they are right, but it is a pity the media don�t see it this way.

We are working to eradicate some of the songs and chants that are heard at Ibrox and elsewhere, and after the UEFA decision we were promised that the club would take the lead and inform us what we can sing and how they were going to promote and celebrate our proud history and tradition.

Linfield Football Club have, through community work, education and PR positively created an inclusive club which still promotes and celebrates it�s loyalist roots. We could learn a thing or two from Linfield. In a recent Sunday rag, they told the journalist all of the above and came out with some good press.

Meanwhile, David Murray sits in his office counting our cash whilst allowing everyone and their dog to have a go at us. The latest is the Daily Record and their take on why the Bolton friendly was cancelled. Now, as I have said previously, compare his ââ?¬Ë?dignified silenceââ?¬â?¢ to attacks on US to his fast, strong and legal attacks on anyone who dares question Mr Murray or his suntanned mukka Mr Bain.

In all honesty, I am at the stage where I believe that Murray�s malaise has spread to a majority of the support who either don�t care what is written about us, or worse, actually believe what is written about us. So, what can we do? That is the $64,000 question.

Firstly, we have to openly admit and embrace our past ââ?¬â?? we are a football club who represent the Protestant traditions in Scotland and further afield. This is NOTHING to be ashamed off ââ?¬â?? it should be celebrated. However, we are an inclusive club who welcome fans / players / employees no matter their colour, creed or religion.

Secondly, we have to convince our fans that by celebrating our Presbyterianism, this doesn�t mean disrespecting other religions.

Thirdly, we have to do this publicly whilst fighting our corner in the media. That will require a PR Department that will rapidly respond to any inaccuracies that are published in the media. By doing this, we will show that we mean business and the journalists will be treated with respect, only if they treat us with respect and fairly ââ?¬â?? after all that is all we ask.

Can this be achieved? Yes and easily. However, can it be achieved with David Murray at the helm? I seriously think not ââ?¬â?? this is going to get worse before it gets better unless Murray acts and acts swiftly ââ?¬â?? over to you Mr Chairman.

Cammy F

I think we need to be careful on this one. Yes the Chairman has been conspiquous by his lack of response but for me, I prefer us to keep out mouths shut. Let them print what they want - as the song goes "No-one likes us, we dont care".

If we were to take each innacuracy to task as you suggest then we would be paying more for PR and litigation than we would for players.

I agree with your points about Linfield and having a positive and inclusive mindset although for me, embracing the clubs Protestant history is irrelevant. We can't hid it but we should be prepared to make sacrifices and move on.

I think we need to be careful on this one. Yes the Chairman has been conspiquous by his lack of response but for me, I prefer us to keep out mouths shut. Let them print what they want - as the song goes "No-one likes us, we dont care".

This is the exact attitude we have to change - do we keep our mouths shut when journalists are claiming that we racially abused Mark Walters, or when they are joking about the Ibrox disaster, or writing lies about our players willing having their photos taken with terrorists?

David Murray's and Rangers' dignified silence hasn't worked for the last decade, why do you think it is going to work now? The time for silence is over, it's time to take these lying fuckers to task.

If we were to take each innacuracy to task as you suggest then we would be paying more for PR and litigation than we would for players.

Can't agree - the RST manage to do it, so why can't an organisation the size of Rangers do it? We already have a PR Depertment that we shell out on for doing the square root of feck all....

embracing the clubs Protestant history is irrelevant.

Why is it irrelevant? It is part of who we are and where we have came from - its like saying that our Scottish identity is irrelevant....

We can't hid it but we should be prepared to make sacrifices and move on.

Why should we have to? There is nothing sinister about our roots, our traditions and our history - why should we sacrifice them? We should be embracing them.

Cammy F

I agree with your points about Linfield and having a positive and inclusive mindset although for me, embracing the clubs Protestant history is irrelevant. We can't hid it but we should be prepared to make sacrifices and move on.

Totally agree with you Stewarty. We should keep religious issues out of Rangers as much as possible and maybe we'll lose the negative, pseudo religious stereotype that has held us back for decades.

Why is it irrelevant? It is part of who we are and where we have came from - its like saying that our Scottish identity is irrelevant....

Just my opinion. Religion has no bearing on my life. Rangers is my football team and whether it's roots are Protestant is, for me, irrelevant. In the same way the fact that Celtic have an Irish/Catholic history is irrelevant to me. For me, it's about football. Others choose to make it into something else and use it as an excuse to discriminate against others, be bigoted, racist etc and for me there's no place for that in any walk of society. For Rangers to move forward then I dont see a place for celebrating our Protestant history. As I said earlier, we cant hide it but it should be sacrificed for the greater good and to safeguard the future of the club

Religion has no bearing on my life. Rangers is my football team and whether it's roots are Protestant is, for me, irrelevant.

But for others it has - surely they have the right to express this link - it is not bigoted, it is not racist, it is not negative.

Religion plays a small part in my life, but I chose to to tie it in with the football club I support, but I can see why others might.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that point.

Cammy F

But for others it has - surely they have the right to express this link - it is not bigoted, it is not racist, it is not negative.

Religion plays a small part in my life, but I chose to to tie it in with the football club I support, but I can see why others might.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on that point.

Cammy F

Agreed.

*** NEWSFLASH ****

Gersnet in 'agree to disagree shocker' - more soon...

Who cares ?

" No One Likes Us , We Don't Care "

Well I certainly do - its due to this public image and the mhedia that we are currently in UEFA's sites - not a place we really want to be - continue to ignore the press, stands will be closed, we will be deducted points, relegated, etc...

Never mind we'll have a Millwall song to make us feel better...

Cammy F

Secondly, we have to convince our fans that by celebrating our Presbyterianism, this doesn’t mean disrespecting other religions.

Cammy F

Presbyterianism has a high emphasis on the sovereignty of God in all things, including human salvation, a high regard for the authority of Scripture, and an emphasis on the necessity of personal conversion by grace through faith in Christ Jesus alone.

Yeh Cammy this is the idea all Rangers supporters go to Ibrox for. No one goes to watch the football. We all go because we are good Presbyterians. Lets all stand and sing, Hello Hello we are the Presbyterian boys, surely UEFA will back us on this. Sorry Cammy if you think you are a good Presbyterian then fair enough, but don't tar all of the Rangers support with the same brush, and i hope you live by the docterine you are trying to teach otherwise it makes you a Hypocrit