Rangers 5 : 0 Inverness CT - Player Ratings and MoM Poll

Just watched the highlights and apart from the terrific first-half performance, a few talking points appeared to me. Firstly although i have been a big critic of Barry Ferguson but i thought it was a fantastic gesture from him to refuse the captains armband from Davie Weir. My hat off to Davie for offering it and Barry for refusing it.

Secondly, i really have trouble accepting Chris Boyd's second goal, should be legal.(Not just because it is CB.:) I really feel a player who is about 10 yards offside, should not be allowed to just turn round and join up with the play. He gained a definite advantage from being offside. Glad for the goal, happy for Boyd i just think the rule stinks and i would hate it to happen against us.

Why Boyds fourth goal was ruled off is a mystery to me.

Apart from that great performance.

Just watched the highlights and apart from the terrific first-half performance, a few talking points appeared to me. Firstly although i have been a big critic of Barry Ferguson but i thought it was a fantastic gesture from him to refuse the captains armband from Davie Weir. My hat off to Davie for offering it and Barry for refusing it.

Secondly, i really have trouble accepting Chris Boyd's second goal, should be legal.(Not just because it is CB.:) I really feel a player who is about 10 yards offside, should not be allowed to just turn round and join up with the play. He gained a definite advantage from being offside. Glad for the goal, happy for Boyd i just think the rule stinks and i would hate it to happen against us.

Why Boyds fourth goal was ruled off is a mystery to me.

Apart from that great performance.

Re Boyd's 2nd goal Pete, I agree with you but those are the rules laid out in front of the teams. And it HAS happened against us and significantly so - against Villareal a couple of seasons ago.

Aye it's a joke of a rule Pete, but as Craig points out we've suffered big time from it.

Also agree about Boyd's "4th", what was this mustery infringement? Think the ref ruled it out as he felt sorry for them.

Was only listening online and could tell by the reaction of the pundits there was nothing it as they'd be spitting blood if there was.

That is the rule. We were caught out against Villa-Real as we didn't predict the interpretation would be so leniant - and interfering seems to be interpreted as "touching the ball".

McCoist himself has said he'd have loved the rule when he was a player as he'd be standing the opposition box for most of the game, and then nipping in when the play caught up the pitch. IE Exactly what Boyd just did, but for the whole game.

We may not agree with the rule but Boyds goal is consistent with all the decisions I've seen. We have to play to the rules whether we think they are fair or not as they equally apply against us.