SDM: End This Obsession

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1442381,00.html

Isn't it funny how once again when be gets criticised, he comes out all guns blazing?

Let me say that if he is so serious about people exaggerating the problem, why doesn't he take them directly and individually to task on it. Start by refusing to co-operate with them and refusing their sponsorship monies.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1442381,00.html

Isn't it funny how once again when be gets criticised, he comes out all guns blazing?

Let me say that if he is so serious about people exaggerating the problem, why doesn't he take them directly and individually to task on it. Start by refusing to co-operate with them and refusing their sponsorship monies.

If he defended the club the way he defends himself, he would have my support. If he devoted less of his time to eroding and sanitizing our proud heritage, he would have my support.

But he doesn't. I cannot imagine a Rangers chairman who is more out of touch with his own club and who has condemned and persecuted with so little genuine cause than David Murray. I am proud of all the many good things at this club, Murray is obsessively embarrassed by the shadows he sees in every corner, most of which have been put there by those who would willingly do harm to Rangers.

He will never see it but he is actually a large part of the problem that continually weighs down my club. He cries wolf too often to be taken seriously now the problem has presented itself at his own door.

I would love to think he could recover the damage he has done but I really believe it is much too late for him and the sooner he does himself and the club a favour by selling up, the better for all.

Edited by maineflyer

Agree with all of that MF...

The signs from Bain and now SDM is that they are finally starting to lose their patience. At least two years too late and I doubt they'll defend the club strongly enough but I do think we're getting somewhere.

I do think this is more to do with Reid/Liewell's recent comments than him taking the huff at a media that have sensationalised their coverage for several years now.

I suppose the Celtic supremos are implying that SDM has his thumb up his arse... Must be a bit galling for him but he should be using the common sense he's advocating to defend our fans continuously, not only when he's disparaged by association or implication.

Sometimes our fans acts are indefensible but most of the time they are twisted and deliberately misinterpreted.

We have definite crimes of the past but just how much can you keep on mercilessly hounding a reformed character who is pretty much going straight before he rebels against it?

It seems to me that far from the Press or Celtic fans and officials creating a more peaceful country, they seem to be the main protagonists who are stirring up hatred.

It seems to me that far from the Press or Celtic fans and officials creating a more peaceful country, they seem to be the main protagonists who are stirring up hatred.

Exactly correct and exactly what Murray should have said.

I can understand why he doesn't want to name other teams and specific chants but he surely can't be far from it when Peat allows himself to comment on Rangers' alleged problems but not Celtic's.

Murray has allowed himself to be played like a fiddle and all his financial power will do little good while brawling in the gutter.

He has alienated and divided a significant part of the support, compromised even old stalwarts like Smith, subjected himself and the club to ridicule in the media and the football community, and reduced the morale of a great football club and national institution to its lowest ebb.

I can see no redemption for him or our club while he remains. He is quite simply incompetent.

While I agree SDM should back the club/fans more,I don't want to see him lower himself to the scum level and get into a public slagging match,let the mopes show themselves up for what they really are

I can understand that point of view and part of me is glad that he hasn't.

However, sometimes, drastic action has to be taken and as soon as Reid/Liewell started commenting about our club, he should have stood up and savaged them for it.

There is far too much pussy-footing around when it comes to Celtic FC.

I can understand that point of view and part of me is glad that he hasn't.

However, sometimes, drastic action has to be taken and as soon as Reid/Liewell started commenting about our club, he should have stood up and savaged them for it.

There is far too much pussy-footing around when it comes to Celtic FC.

Agree with that Frankie,however I am convinced most neutrals are getting a bit fed up with the scum complaining about being offended at every little tune taking the piss out of them,give them enough rope !!!!,whilst continuing with their own verbals at every match