Become a Gersnet Article Writer

All Gersnet articles are posted on NewsNow and read by hundreds of football fans across the world.

Indeed, our most popular site article has been read by over 6000 people - via the main site link alone! Obviously hundreds more often read when the articles are posted on other sites. These kind of figures often out-perform the daily newspaper contributions on the wires - both tabloid and broadsheet. Why else do we have journalists constantly criticising so-called 'unofficial' websites?

To keep the pressure up, Gersnet are always looking for writers to work for the site. It's easy to see the quality of writing from every poster on the site so why not expand on your usual post by writing a proper article? Your imagination and ideas are our bread and butter so why not let as many fans as possible hear you on your soap-box?

As a 'reward' for becoming an official site contributor you will gain from the following wee perks:

1. Special graphic 'Writers' button (ala our mod/admin one);

2. Larger pm storage facility;

3. Access to new private 'Writers' sub-forum;

4. Automatic entry into any Gersnet competitions;

5. The chance to win 'Contributor' of the Month Award (medal added to your Postbit)

To be clear we're not asking for people to write constantly for the site. We usually publish one or two articles a week on the site, so each 'Writer' would only be featured every so often. Thus, if each 'Writer' could write one/two articles a month, that would be more than enough to keep the main site ticking over. Obviously you can write more often if you wish. ;)

Already we have several people writing the match previews and I'm happy for others to write match reviews or submit their player ratings for games. All ideas for content are welcomed and this is why we're opening the sub-form for such contributors to brainstorm.

- Fancy your own weekly blog on the main site?

- Interested in writing about the history of the club?

- How about a regular 'MediaWatch' column?

- Want to catalogue interesting pictures/videos of the club?

You can do all this and more via our easy to use Joomla software and administration support!

If you're interested, please pm me.

:cool:

Something I'd love to do but my use of the English language and grammar is terrible.

Which is exactly why you should get involved.

It's a chance to improve your writing by doing it more often while obtaining constructive criticism. Other contributors will help proof-read any submissions.

That goes for anyone who doesn't feel too confident.

:)

Something I'd love to do but my use of the English language and grammar is terrible.

As Frankie says, your article can be proof-read prior to publishing. I don't mind helping out with that sort of thing.

Being pedantic does have its uses at times. :D

Yes, Bluedell really is a strict schoolmistress.

Corporal punishment is her forte and I know some Gersnet users who deliberately make mistakes to experience it. Maybe I should have put that in the 'rewards' section? ;)