Nearly More Crucial Points Dropped

I can�t quiet believe what I witnessed at Ibrox on Saturday afternoon and I believe that I am entitled to expect more from my football team than we were served up, especially after the promising start to the game. Having surged into a 2-0 lead after 10 minutes whilst playing some very attractive football, instead of ramming home the advantage, we took our foot off the accelerator and thankfully, St Mirren didn�t respond to our lacklustre display until the final 10 minutes. Even given St Mirren�s reluctance to capitalise on our growing deficiencies, they almost claimed a point from the game.

Some of the ââ?¬Ë?footballââ?¬â?¢ I witnessed from Rangers in the 2nd half was amateurish in the extreme. We are unable to retain possession from throw-ins, we insist on bringing every player back for corners (which encourages teams to thro more men forward which in turn results in more pressure and when we clear the ball, it comes straight back at us ââ?¬â?? no out ball), we contrived to miss chance after chance (Miller and Novo being most capable), then for long periods of the game, we were unable to string 2 passes together.

All this resulted in our opponents growing in confidence and realising that we were there for the taking. The game should have been over as a contest in the first half. If we had continued in the same vein as we started the game, we could have destroyed St Mirren and avoided those nervy scenes as the end.

We must improve significantly for our upcoming fixtures. We must learn to put games beyond our opponents when we are on top. We have Aberdeen at Ibrox, Hearts at Tynecastle and DUFC at Tannidice looming on the horizon and if we offer them the chance to take points from us, they will gladly oblige.

As our next game as against our foes from the frozen north, I hope all Rangers fans that make their way to Ibrox on Saturday take their singing voices with them. This is one of the few remaining games that guarantees and generates a decent atmosphere and undoubtedly, Sheepy will regale us with their vile Neil Simpson and Ibrox disaster songs. Lets ensure that we drown them out and sing our heroes onto victory.

Beyond Inept, Bordering on Corrupt

So once again Celtc are the beneficiaries of a dubious decision on Sunday that enabled them to defeat a plucky Hamilton side who looked ââ?¬Ë?untroubledââ?¬â?¢ until the refereeââ?¬â?¢s assistant intervened and convinced the referee that it would be a good idea to award Celtc a penalty for a foul committed clearly outside the penalty area. If this wasnââ?¬â?¢t a serious issue, it would be laughable. Celtc are now getting these types of decisions on a weekly basis, and whilst this is obvious to one and all, the SFA, SPL or referee supervisors are doing NOTHING about it. In fact, they appear to be happy with this level of incompetence, or given the level of ââ?¬Ë?incompetenceââ?¬â?¢, then they appear to be happy with this level of corruptness.

Now, we understand that officials get things wrong ââ?¬â?? they are only human after all. However, to continually get these decisions so wrong, then there is something else afoot. As I said above, I believe that Celtc have benefited from a dubious decision in almost every SPL game this season (whether its them getting a penalty, a dubious goal or the opposition being reduced to 10 men, having a perfectly good goal chopped off), and we have been on the wrong side of these type of decisions in almost every SPL game weââ?¬â?¢ve played in. This hasnââ?¬â?¢t been happening just this season, there was evidence of this at the business end of last season as well.

As well as the footballing authorities reluctance to highlight / investigate these ââ?¬Ë?one wayââ?¬â?¢ dubious decisions, our unbiased press have also decided to stay shtoom (for a change). In the run up to Helicopter Sunday, Rangers were awarded a penalty at Tynecastle that TV replays proved was a correct decision. After this game, the media asked for everyoneââ?¬â?¢s comments on the decision, including Celtc manager Martin Oââ?¬â?¢Neill. One commentator even went as far as to state that the SPL title was ââ?¬Ë?tainted by the stench of cheatingââ?¬â?¢. Thatââ?¬â?¢s right folks, after one correct decision, the SPL titled was tainted by cheating. The assistant referee involved was hounded for days and weeks. His family were attacked in the street, his personal details were posted on internet sites, there were double page spreads on the ââ?¬Ë?red topsââ?¬â?¢ and Celtc demanded that said official wasnââ?¬â?¢t to officiate any of their games.

Isn�t it amazing that after the furore that surrounded this ONE decision that nothing has been said or printed about the weekly decisions that are now going Celtc�s way?

Sir David Murray / Martin Bain

Given the evidence of the above, you, like me, may be surprised that SDM or his lap-dog Martin Bain haven�t entered into this debate and asked the relevant bodies, the relevant questions. OK, that was slightly tongue in cheek, as we all know that unless either of their names has been tarnished, or if they are asked to blacken our reputation any further, they�ll not say anything to anyone.

I still can�t fathom how both still have the support of the majority of Rangers supporters after asset stripping of our beloved club. However, if the rumours reaching me are correct, January might just be the month that reverses that support.

Given our dire financial state, coupled with our failure to reach a European competition on this season, we desperately require to raise some money in January. We are likely to receive bids for Mendes (Redknapp wants him at Spurs and Mendes has a release clause in his contract ââ?¬â?? yip, well done again Mr Bain), Marseilles will bid for Bougherra and I believe that Mr Redknapp may also bid for McGregor is his bid to land Shay Given from Newcastle fails.

If you are as sceptical of our custodian as I am, nothing will come as a surprise in January. If you aren�t as sceptical as myself, well, you�ve been warned.

Cammy F ââ?¬â?? Support The Dublin Loyal - WATP

Excellent run down as always mate...

I've been too busy to post over the weekend but in many ways I'm glad I couldn't get online for too long. Forgive me for this rant now.

On Saturday afternoon our team and manager were an utter disgrace. We stopped playing after ten minutes and the last twenty in particular should ensure any win bonuses are withheld.

The decision to take of Adam was fair enough but why on earth does our manage move a striker to the left midfield position when it was already obvious St Mirren we starting to dominate said area.

Smith's refusal to bolster numbers there by also taking off Miller who looked knackered and stick on Edu was bizarre. Why did we pay �£2.7million for a player we refuse to trust?

Don't start me on the attitude of our captain as well. Last season saw team after team able to attack us right through the middle because Ferguson refuses to track back and do the dirty work. The same was evident after the hour mark on Saturday.

The fact we refused to react to one warning where Wyness shot just past is complete negligence from the players and from the manager.

After such a superb start - with two fabulous goals - I simply don't understand the problem in our team.

Excellent run down as always mate...

I've been too busy to post over the weekend but in many ways I'm glad I couldn't get online for too long. Forgive me for this rant now.

On Saturday afternoon our team and manager were an utter disgrace. We stopped playing after ten minutes and the last twenty in particular should ensure any win bonuses are withheld.

The decision to take of Adam was fair enough but why on earth does our manage move a striker to the left midfield position when it was already obvious St Mirren we starting to dominate said area.

Smith's refusal to bolster numbers there by also taking off Miller who looked knackered and stick on Edu was bizarre. Why did we pay �£2.7million for a player we refuse to trust?

Don't start me on the attitude of our captain as well. Last season saw team after team able to attack us right through the middle because Ferguson refuses to track back and do the dirty work. The same was evident after the hour mark on Saturday.

The fact we refused to react to one warning where Wyness shot just past is complete negligence from the players and from the manager.

After such a superb start - with two fabulous goals - I simply don't understand the problem in our team.

Superb as always mate but were you honestly surprised when we took the foot off the gas - id be surprised if you were. And were you surprised by St Mirren getting a goal and making the last few minutes nervy - again id be surprised if you were.

Sat was made all the worse given just how bad St Mirren were for long periods of the game. Their passing was dreadful and we should have no excuses for not sticking a good few more goals by them. How they took 3 points off us is baffling

Superb as always mate but were you honestly surprised when we took the foot off the gas - id be surprised if you were. And were you surprised by St Mirren getting a goal and making the last few minutes nervy - again id be surprised if you were.

Sat was made all the worse given just how bad St Mirren were for long periods of the game. Their passing was dreadful and we should have no excuses for not sticking a good few more goals by them. How they took 3 points off us is baffling

Quite simply it comes down to attitude mate.

Us hanging on for wins because of poor commitment is nothing new. Unfortunately, we seem incapable (or unwilling) to improve that.

We have no bottle in that team. No-one willing to lead from the front. No-one who seems to care when we lose goals.

Saturday showed me that - despite the 3 points - we will NOT win the league this season.

Quite simply it comes down to attitude mate.

Us hanging on for wins because of poor commitment is nothing new. Unfortunately, we seem incapable (or unwilling) to improve that.

We have no bottle in that team. No-one willing to lead from the front. No-one who seems to care when we lose goals.

Saturday showed me that - despite the 3 points - we will NOT win the league this season.

Agreed mate, but i cant think of any logical reason for not thinking, right we've got two, lets go for the jugular. Instead of sitting off, being over cautious. Our finishing really should be better as well.

The fact you mention bottle i find key. I think the moment we lost Thomson was the deciding factor in where the league flag will end up. Unfortunately, its in their favour just now and that just isnt acceptable.

Something else that bothers me is our set-pieces. They are a chance to cause the opposition some problems and yet we have been really poor over the last few years.

Our set-pieces - especially our throw ins - are awful.

Little imagination and even worse execution.

It's difficult to put a finger on it as, like the first 10mins, sometimes the football this season has been superb. I just don't think we have the character to win this title with no belief and no leadership.

I don't think BF is captain material to be honest, and I'm not a Barry hater. Just being the best player at a club is not a good reason for making someone captain.

Who it could be in the long term tho' is another question.

I'm not a Barry hater either. The lad is a great player - no doubt about it.

Unfortunately his attitude over the last 2 years has been dubious at best. The arrival of Thomson spoiled Ferguson with regards to not having to work as hard defensively. On Saturday Mendes played a bit further forward so it was up to Ferguson to do more. He didn't.

Is he a good captain? Well, more qualified people than me suggest he is (Advocaat, McLeish, Souness, Hughes, Vogts, Smith, Burley etc) but I simply don't see the signs myself during many matches.

Generally I'm unsure Ferguson has the fitness/mobility/pace levels to play in a 2 man central midfield any longer. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

Our set-pieces - especially our throw ins - are awful.

Little imagination and even worse execution.

Charlie Adam's Corner kicks on Saturday again anyone?

It's difficult to put a finger on it as, like the first 10mins, sometimes the football this season has been superb. I just don't think we have the character to win this title with no belief and no leadership.

I agree, as much as i am a Kris Boyd fan, theres no way he has the strong character to lead us to a league - just thinking back to McCoist and Hately - hope im wrong tho