Arsenal's new stadium

I must admit I don't know any Chelsea fans in person, but if the ones I know online are indicative of Chelsea fans in general, then it's clear why Chelsea as a whole are so disliked.

This is nothing personal but I am seeing the same smug and arrogant mentality being displayed in each case, and when they're discussing their team they become endemically dislikeable.

Arsenal didn't have a safety certificate for the 'full stadium' - so it was true, the game was a sell out as they had sold all the tickets for the parts of the ground that were open.

This happens a lot with new, modern grounds. The safety inspectors will give the go-ahead for sections of the ground to be opened and others closed. Same thing happened for the extension to Old Trafford.

Arsenal will have a safety certificate in place for the entire stadium in time for the new season.

Have to say that from the little I saw last night, the stadium looked great and it was great to see, a real top-class footballer like Dennis Berkamp get a good send off. A truly woderfull players.

Oh, and I wonder if Arsenal have 'decorated' their new stadium with certain symbols and portraits that wouldn't be out of place at Ibrox (like Highbury was).

Rangers - Arsenal - A REAL CONNECTION.

Cammy F

I dont particularly care if people don't like chelsea fans .

It's jealousy.

I don't think it is jealousy - I know life-long Chelsea fans who don't particularly like some of the newer Chelsea fans (just like some traditional Man U fans don't like the prawn-sandwitch brigade).

As someone who has Chelsea sympathies, I can see where people are coming from - they are rapidly becoming the new Man U - hated by most and supported (in part) by fans who'll jump to the next big successful club.

Cammy F

I dont particularly care if people don't like chelsea fans .

It's jealousy.

That's just not true. Are you saying 100% of people who don't like Chelsea are jelous, every one of them?

Chelsea are falling this season. It's written in the stars for them to yet again monopolize the transfer market by signing Ballack, Shevchenko and stealing Mikel from udner United's nose and STILL manage to lose the title.

looks like the stadium of light ` in sunderland!

That's exactly what I thought when I seen the first pics of it during construction. It looked like a Riverside, St Mary's type stadium, a stadium that you would not expect a club like Arsenal to call their new home but after seeing the behind the scenes facilities and what its like now its finished, its a cracking stadium.

Don't think im such a fag who jumped on the bandwagon , I was born a bluenose , for Rangers & Chelsea.

My dad was a lifelong Rangers & Chelsea fan and when i was born the first strip on my back Was a rangers and then a Chelsea strip .