Celtic have completed the signing of Czech Republic Under-20 defender Milan Misun from FK Pribram

The 18-year-old left-back has signed a four-year contract with the reigning Scottish Premier League champions.

"It's a tremendous honour to sign for a club of Celtic's stature," Misun told Celtic's official website.

"I know that there are some quality players at Celtic and I will need to work extremely had to break into the first team."

The defender opted for a move to Glasgow despite interest from Italian Serie A club AC Milan.

He is a young man with certainly a lot of potential

Celtic manager Gordon Strachan

Celtic have deployed Lee Naylor and Mark Wilson in the left-back position this season, but Wilson is a naturally right-footed defender.

"We are delighted to complete the signing of Milan Misun," added manager Gordon Strachan.

"He is a young man with certainly a lot of potential and we will be doing all we can to maximise his potential and try and ensure that he is a success at Celtic."

Last week, Celtic captured Derry City winger Niall McGinn and Dundee United goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska has signed a pre-contract agreement to join in the summer.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

One for the future I think, but already playing for Czech U-21 team so can't be all bad??

Powered_Up_Pac-Man

Whilst on trial at Celtic's Lennoxtown training centre, Misun was joined by FK Pribram team-mate Anton Fantis, but the SPL leaders have put a possible move for the 16-year-old on hold.

Strachan said he had yet to make a decision on whether to sign Brann Bergen defender Erlend Hanstveit, although it appears unlikely he will be offered a deal.

Hanstveit cut short his Celtic trial to return to Norway for his wedding and will learn Strachan's thoughts through the club scout.

"We need to make contact there through John Park," Strachan said on Friday.

"Once we make contact then we will make clear our decision."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7783307.stm