I was never behind the decision to bring him back but gave him the chance to come good. he hasnt though and after spending almost 30 million we have a team with very little imagination or substance. Our squad is filled with run of the mill players that smith has backed his shirt on and they are failing us big time.

Charlie adams selection today alone speaks volumes about smiths ability as Rangers manager. A serial underacheiver who brings nothing to the first eleven yet seen by our manager as a... well only smith knows the answer to that one. Whittaker and broadfoot, nothing more than squad players to us all but to smith...god only knows that one too. But the Icing on the cake has to be lafferty. At 3 million you would expect the guy to have at least the basic ball skills required to play football, but with every passing game you can see that the poor lad is well out of his depth. I almost cried when one of my worst nightmares cam to fruition today, Adam getting subbed for lafferty!

But there lies the problem. Walter smith cannot see what everyman and his dog can see from the stands at Ibrox. There are far too many players at Ibrox that are simply not good enough to play for Rangers. Too make matters worse walter cannot see past these imposters who have us tearing out our hair. He constantly picks them though they have little impact on any game, more often than not dragging us down with them.

The alarm bells for me started ringing for smith when we mugged Dundee utd for the league cup when boyd came on and saved his arse. from then on in the team slowly imploded in instalments failing to impress as the weeks went by. Unfortunately for those of us who could see what was happening there was an incredibly lucky run in the Uefa cup which papered over the cacks at home. All eyes where on Europe as far as the men upstairs where concerned.

But Walter stuck by individuals who were constanly underacheiving in the side. Whittaker, Broadfoot, Cousin, Darcheville, Adam, McCulloch and Dailly never worried about their places but anyone with half a brain could see that they just werent good enough and that the writing was on the wall.

But then we reached the Uefa cup final. You really thought smith would have a real go at winning it but no. He tries to win it on penalties instead. we all know what happened next. Yet again he left out guys Like Boyd and Novo for some of the above, which was smiths main problem. He tried every option other than these two and he failed miserably.

So With the league and The Uefa cup up the swanny it was time to rebuild for next year, or so you would have thought. But no, Smith thought he could pull the same stunt in Europe again with his anti football tactics but was caught out at the first hurdle by a pub team manager from the back of beyond (again!).

Enter the chairman and his cheque book and cue a panic buying spending spree. Yeah we bought decent players (whist yet again selling our biggest asset) but to be honest we have yet to see half of them. Where the hell are Aaron, Vilichka, edu and our very own wonder boy Fleck?

bugger..im going on the piss now ill finish this later.

Great post GB

I was never behind the decision to bring him back but gave him the chance to come good. he hasnt though and after spending almost 30 million we have a team with very little imagination or substance. Our squad is filled with run of the mill players that smith has backed his shirt on and they are failing us big time.

I was kinda in the yes party to bring him back, and knew he would steady the ship - but to take us to the final level, he is failing badly. Yes agreed he has players which are full of run of the mill players! - Costing us the title IMO!

Charlie adams selection today alone speaks volumes about smiths ability as Rangers manager. A serial underacheiver who brings nothing to the first eleven yet seen by our manager as a... well only smith knows the answer to that one.
Call MI5 for me mate - this deserves an ivestigation!!

Whittaker and broadfoot, nothing more than squad players to us all but to smith...god only knows that one too. But the Icing on the cake has to be lafferty. At 3 million you would expect the guy to have at least the basic ball skills required to play football, but with every passing game you can see that the poor lad is well out of his depth. I almost cried when one of my worst nightmares cam to fruition today, Adam getting subbed for lafferty!

Again, spot on! Whittaker, Broadfoot will always depress me! They are the new poor mans Bollan and Cleland!

Again agreed on the sub, i couldnt beleive it! I thought it would have been McCulloch :D

. Where the hell are Aaron, Vilichka, edu and our very own wonder boy Fleck?

Asked the same question!