This again from the eveningtimes. DJs quote at the very end sums him up for me, what a tosser!!!

CELTIC and Rangers fans tend to blow things out of all proportion when their team loses an Old Firm game. And it is no surprise that many Gers supporters are predicting the title race is over after such a poor performance by their team at Ibrox on Saturday.

But, believe me, it is not done and dusted yet. Seven points is not too great a gap to bridge by any means. There are a lot of games still to be played by both clubs and points to be dropped.

Yet, Rangers must start to show some fight, a quality which I felt was totally lacking in their dire display against the Hoops, if they want to win the SPL this season.

My old boss Jock Wallace used to tell me that you need a bit of fire in your belly. Well, what player in a light blue jersey had that hunger, that burning desire to win, at the weekend?

What I found particularly alarming was the lack of fight Rangers displayed once they had fallen behind to the Scott McDonald goal.

They just couldn't raise their game. That, for me, was the greatest disappointment.

Walter Smith kept the players in the dressing room for a long, long time after the final whistle.

I am sure a few of them left the stadium with a flea in their ear from Walter and his assistants Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall.

What they need to do now is react to this defeat in the same way that Celtic did when they were beaten 4-2 at Parkhead back in August and go on a decent winning run. That means picking up points both home and away.

I don't think there is any need to change the favoured 4-4-2 formation or drop anybody from the side. But a few players really need to get their fingers out and show that they know what it means to play for the club.

If they do, the situation Rangers find themselves in can definitely change. A few weeks ago when they fell seven points behind with a defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle everybody wrote them off. On Saturday, they could have reduced Celtic's lead to just one point with a win.

As Walter has pointed out, though, there is now next to no margin for error. They maybe need to be more direct in the coming weeks and months and start to win ugly a bit more to keep up the pressure on their city rivals.

Walter raised a few eyebrows by selecting Charlie Adam ahead of Aaron, DaMarcus Beasley, Kyle Lafferty, Lee McCulloch and Nacho Novo wide on the left.

He has not been regularly involved in the first team squad in recent weeks and there has been speculation that he has been told he can leave Ibrox during the January transfer window.

But he has a proven track record in the fixture and poses a real threat from dead ball situations. Plus, the manager sees all of his players in training and must have felt that Charlie was his best option.

He is just one of several players who must have a long hard look at themselves and try to improve.

No way is it adios for Novo

NACHO Novo is the latest player to be linked with a move away from Rangers during the January transfer window after again being overlooked against Celtic on Saturday.

But I am sure the little Spaniard, who came on as a late substitute at Ibrox, will be one of the last players Walter Smith will want to see leave.

Despite Nacho's frustration at his lack of first- team starts this season, he is best utilised as an impact player. He can change the course of a game all by himself.

There is a lot of dead wood in the Gers squad which Walter will be far more interested in getting rid of in the next month.

I think getting a centre half in has to be Walter's priority. He has been linked with big Lee Wilkie up at Dundee United.

That is a signing I, and I am sure a lot of Rangers fans, would welcome.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2478464.0.0.php