Ipswich to go for McCulloch?

NOTW I know but here's hoping the last bit is also true!!

NEWCASTLE boss Joe Kinnear has admitted he�s made a shock move for Rangers skipper Barry Ferguson.

Kinnear wants Ferguson to spearhead the Toon�s survival fight.

Kinnear, who admits he may have to sell before he can buy, said: ââ?¬Å?I have enquired about Barry Ferguson, but weââ?¬â?¢ll wait and see what the outcome of that is. Weââ?¬â?¢re finding it difficult to bring certain players from clubs.

ââ?¬Å?Our bids havenââ?¬â?¢t been accepted so far. The problem is two or three clubs are in for the same players. At the moment, there could be teams bidding more than us.

ââ?¬Å?It would help if I could move some of the players here and get the finances in. But we have had no bids for them.ââ?¬Â

Kinnear has also been linked with a Ã?£5m move for Fergusonââ?¬â?¢s team-mate, Algerian stopper Madjid Bougherra. Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain said: ââ?¬Å?Itââ?¬â?¢s all speculation and we donââ?¬â?¢t comment on that.ââ?¬Â

Privately, Gers have had no indication Ferguson is keen to leave Ibrox for the second time.

And they will be reluctant to sell the 30-year-old when he�s putting together a midfield partnership with Pedro Mendes.

However if Newcastle offer to double the �£2.5m Gers paid for defender Bougherra last July, they wonâ��t stand in his way if he wants to return south.

Ferguson had an unsuccessful spell in the Premiership with Blackburn where he couldn�t settle and also picked up a knee injury which put him out for a year.

Meanwhile, Ipswich are poised to offer Lee McCulloch the chance to start the Ibrox exodus.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/116509/Kinnear-wants-Bazza-at-Toon-Rangers-Newcastle-United.html

I know it's all rumour and speculation at the moment in regards to outgoing transfers, but hopefully, some of these 'potential' transfers will come to fruition.

If so, this could be a very good transfer window for us. Getting some money in, getting some big salaries off the wage bill and getting rid of players who simply aren't good enough anymore.

The only down point to all this is, do any of us trust wattie to spend any money wisely and strengthen the squad where he needs to. :sigh:

Only time will tell i suppose.

WATP. The not overly confident loyal.

Whats annoying me about this story is that although McCulloch cost us �£2.5 million-ish around 18 months ago it would appear from reports that he'd be available on a free just to get him off the wage bill!!! The financial mismanagement at the club we love is truly astonishing. Fair enough we make big profits on the likes of Hutton, Cuellar etc but we seem to be pissing that money and more away on giving folk free transfers or paying off their contracts.

Whats annoying me about this story is that although McCulloch cost us �£2.5 million-ish around 18 months ago it would appear from reports that he'd be available on a free just to get him off the wage bill!!! The financial mismanagement at the club we love is truly astonishing. Fair enough we make big profits on the likes of Hutton, Cuellar etc but we seem to be pissing that money and more away on giving folk free transfers or paying off their contracts.

I never read that McCulloch was being offered on a free. I would imagine we will be looking for some return.