Who wants Mr.Murray to continue with more of the same and why ?

When he took over he undoubtedly began an exciting new era for Rangers. The Souness years were arguably the most successful in our history apart from being very limited in Europe.

In order to continue such success the Club had to keep changing with the times and keep on top of all of our main rivals. We failed to do this.

The slide began a number of years ago and became obvious during McLeish's time as manager although it must be said that he did very well considering the tight financial restraints. We were now in the bargain basement area of football.

Old pal WS came in and went along with the regime knowing full well the club's circumstances and despite this results were more than reasonable. But now, the players were all heart and possessed mediocre skill. Just as he had done with the Scotland team, results improved but we were accused far and wide of playing " anti-football " However, we were only playing to our strengths. How many times were we pummelled in Europe last season only to pull off miraculous victories. We have now been found out as Celtic did the same to us at the recent defeat at Ibrox showed. I'm sure they must have been embarrassed at the nature of their victory.

We have been in decline for the past few years both on and off the field and Mr.Murray has either been unable or unwilling to do anything about it.

This being the case either he has to change his financial strategy drastically or someone has to come in with a new direction.

I have always followed Rangers, 50 years or so, and I want to be proud of my Club when it plays good, exciting football and is admired wherever it travels.

Mis-management at different levels has made this now impossible.

Big changes are required throughout to prevent further decline.

40 odd thousand season ticket holders (not many clubs in the UK and abroad can boast this) and the many more supporters who can't attend, deserve a team better than the one who struggled against lower division opponents last Tuesday.

I want Mr. Murray to continue only if he listens to the support and acts accordingly, and, more importantly, always, always, act in the best interest of the Club and its thousands of followers.

If he wants unity then he must be open and honest without fear or favour.

A fair post mate and one most people would agree with.

The problem is he's going nowhere soon so, like you say, we have to find ways to reach compromises or apply more pressure to see the improvements the club needs.

big gordy are you aware the Souness era was not under David Murray but instead Malborough and chief executive Davie Holmes?

Not sure as you don't say and probably are aware, but i just don't want anyone to give SDM the credit for something he never started.

Why then does he refuse to face facts ? Is he surrounded by " yes men and hangers on " who are clinging on to his coat tails. Mr. Bain springs to mind.

Is he lying and just playing for time until he buggers off into the sunset having flogged off the silver and reached a settlement with a buyer.

Look at his recent business dealings and you will see profits here and there as well as takeovers of other companies.He is far from being a businessman on his uppers.

big gordy are you aware the Souness era was not under David Murray but instead Malborough and chief executive Davie Holmes?

Not sure as you don't say and probably are aware, but i just don't want anyone to give SDM the credit for something he never started.

Oops I missed that mistake... :D

Murrays biggest problem is his loyalty to his managers. its his biggest failing. he should have stepped in and stopped Advocaat spending 12 mill on flo which was effectively the straw that broke the camels back first time round and He should have been questioning Walter Smith judgements in the tansfer market even before the CL qf this season.

The alarm bells rang for every man and his dog when we signed three strikers and gave Dailly a new contract so what the hell was our chairman thinking?

i appreciate theres alot more going on other than Walters transfer budget but i maintain that if he had handled his money and his aquisitions a lot better we wouldnt be in the shit were in now.

And it would go a long way to appease the fans if walter had the balls to admit that.

You are 100% correct J B. Once Souness et al. had settled in, Murray,s big face came on the scene. Never one to miss a high profile opportunity. He's probably loving all this media attention at the moment, especially as he has no credible opposition to contradict him in a public arena.

It's funny how most folk associate him with all of the Souness term, myself included.

Thanks JB.

You are 100% correct J B. Once Souness et al. had settled in, Murray,s big face came on the scene. Never one to miss a high profile opportunity. He's probably loving all this media attention at the moment, especially as he has no credible opposition to contradict him in a public arena.

It's funny how most folk associate him with all of the Souness term, myself included.

Thanks JB.

Easy mistake mate. Don't worry, perhaps Murray himself would like it if we did associate him with such a succesful period.