A Ghanaian lassie in my office told me I'm beyond help when I told her I've got better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watch a posh, ginger bloke get married.  

Weddings are bad enough when you're actually there, never mind voluntarily watching it on telly.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

If I have upset any new poster or others on here I apologise but would like it to be known that I have no interest in politics and couldn't tell you the difference between left/right wing in any way.

Also I accept the PR for Britain was brilliant but just think the money spent by all organisations,could be better spent in these times of need by many.

Once again apologies to anyone I may have upset.

You daft bugger, I'm quite sure you upset no one at all. xD The money I'd seriously like to see reallocated to our needy families is the £13bn or whatever we spend on overseas aid every year. You could help a lot of Britain's poor with that. As for the royal wedding, I'm sure it will have turned a profit for the nation. :tu:

21 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

A Ghanaian lassie in my office told me I'm beyond help when I told her I've got better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than watch a posh, ginger bloke get married.  

Weddings are bad enough when you're actually there, never mind voluntarily watching it on telly.

worst weddings are tim ones. At least CoS  weddings you're in and out smartish.

Tim ones go on and on and on.....wee guys with cassocks over denims and trainers whirling incense about 

Martha Street for me every time

• 2 weeks later...

I never formally introduced myself. That was rude and I apologize. 

I am an American Rangers fan. As an American Rangers fan, whenever I refer to my team in my home country they either think I am talking about the baseball team (Texas Rangers), or the hockey team (NY Rangers).

I tell them, "no, it's a soccer team...they are from Glasgow, Scotland"

"You don't like MLS?"

"No" I reply, and pause because I know what is coming, but I hope that they will ask me about the team...they don't.

"Why?"

"Because it's dogshit."

That is when the subject changes and we move on with our days.

I have been a Rangers fan since I was stationed in Okinawa in 06. I am career USAF.

Now, with all of the issues, I like them more than at any other time. The whole remaking yourself thing that really resonates with me. I love that about them. No quit.

My nick:  Malangsob, is Thai for cockroach. I picked it up during a TDY (Temporary Duty) in Thailand. I got drunk one night as one is apt to do in Thailand and I ate one...or maybe two, on a bet. I just remember a Thai squealing "malang sob!"...it stuck...along with a leg that I pulled out of my teeth the next morning.

So yeah...Go Rangers baby!

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

I am an American Rangers fan. As an American Rangers fan, whenever I refer to my team in my home country they either think I am talking about the baseball team (Texas Rangers), or the hockey team (NY Rangers).

"You don't like MLS?"

"No" I reply, and pause because I know what is coming, but I hope that they will ask me about the team...they don't.

"Why?"

"Because it's dogshit."

I have been a Rangers fan since I was stationed in Okinawa in 06. I am career USAF.

Now, with all of the issues, I like them more than at any other time. The whole remaking yourself thing that really resonates with me. I love that about them. No quit.

My nick:  Malangsob, is Thai for cockroach. I picked it up during a TDY (Temporary Duty) in Thailand. I got drunk one night as one is apt to do in Thailand and I ate one...or maybe two, on a bet. I just remember a Thai squealing "malang sob!"...it stuck...along with a leg that I pulled out of my teeth the next morning.

Welcome to the website mate. I hope you enjoy. Good to have people supporting our club as a choice and not because they were born into it. This is imo the best website for real discussion. I think we have a few British military on board and 26th of foot is or has been military I think. Unless I am totally wrong.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

"You don't like MLS?"

"Why?"

"Because it's dogshit."

Welcome to the forum. I'm born and bred Scottish and lived all my life in Scotland till coming to Oklahoma a little over 6 years ago now.

MLS is getting slowly better and will probably continue to do so but it can't be compared to the likes of Scottish football where clubs are over a century old and have had entire families supporting them for generations.

30 minutes ago, pete said:

Welcome to the website mate. I hope you enjoy. Good to have people supporting our club as a choice and not because they were born into it. This is imo the best website for real discussion. I think we have a few British military on board and 26th of foot is or has been military I think. Unless I am totally wrong.

Thank you Pete. I hope I didn't come off as too forward but I figured I would preemptively answer the two questions I assumed would be raised. I am nowhere near as knowledgeable as most if not all of the posters on here but I do love to watch the games and I support the club the best I can.