Hi BD,

I've just spent 20 mins refining my points in that post you've gone through & was asked via a pop-up to refresh the page. It's the first time I've come across this, but essentially I lost 20 mins worth of editing, so I'm throwing the dummy out & calling it quits for now.

cheers,

Mark

It hasn't happened to me like that before on Gersnet. I always get logged out automatically after a short period of time, but if writing a post I normally get round it by copying the text & pasting it into a new post after logging in again. Unfortunately, in this case it was an edit & when trying to post it, I was stupid enough to do what the pop-up told me to do - which was to refresh. Why a forum pop-up would tell you to refresh when you're going to lose your edit is beyond me, but 'thems the breaks' I guess.... :confused:

Less relevant than the RST's point.

I disagree. Why would we only concentrate on the lowest point of SDM's time here? Concentrating on a trough or peak is a highly illogical approach to collecting statistics.

Less relevant than the RST's point.

I disagree for the same reason as above. Our record over 20 seasons is near as damn it a cup per season, which is 1st class IMO.

You think that a midfield with Dailly, McCulloch and Adam should be beating anyone? Sorry, disagree.

I didn't say that team should have beaten anyone. I said they should have beaten Kaunas, but as I said, they didn't. End of story.

Free kicks seem to consist of Boyd hitting the ball straight into the wall. how many corners have you seen taken that don't get past the first defender? Surely basic stuff. That sort of thing should be worked out in training.

The best teams in the world have these same issues at times & they aren't an issue when the free kick or corner constitutes as or results in a league or cup winning goal.

So the support can't criticise unless they have all the answers? The RST have given plenty of advice in the past (their 15 point plan , for example) much of which has been ignored.

I didn't say 'the support can't criticise unless they have all the answers'. There's no need to put words into my mouth BD....

At the end of the day, the strategic plan is the responsbility of Bain and Murray. That's what they get paid for. They have failed by apparently not having one.

I blame MB for that more than SDM. MB is getting paid a fortune & for what exactly? Admittedly, I do blame SDM for keeping MB despite his poor performance in his job.

U19s are pointless unless the make it into the first team. The jury is still out in respect of this, but I'm hearing rumours that the U19s are not impressed by the current set-up at MP (particularly with the coaches).

Well, the U19s have been doing well & I haven't heard these rumours, but I'm not well placed to hear rumours from within the club.

I presume that the point that they are making is that we are having to sell Boyd (our top scorer) to finance the purchase of Lafferty or Velicka and Edu.

Not an entirely worthy point though, since it hasn't actually happened yet.

Qualification fto the CL and reaching the final of the UEFA cup and we still couldn't make a profit. We had to sell hutton to do that. We vastly overpaid bonuses, and Murray and Bain have not been criticised enough for this.

Well, you apparently know more about that finances than anyone else here, so I trust that we can take your word for that.

The club have the primary responsibility here. The RST have a small percentage of the support. The club seem unable to relate to a lot of the support and are unwilling to interact with them, which is disgraceful.

My point was that the RST have been unsuccessful in building a worthwhile relationship between the support & the club, for many reasons. If that can be disputed, I stand corrected.

Are you trying to say that the club should not defend it's support because a few people in the support have raised some valid criticism? Sorry, I don't agree with you, and don't see it as moronic in the slightest, although would agree that the wording could be improved.

Maybe you misunderstood me. I basically said that the wording was moronic.

I don't see that the RST have an obligation to consult all Rangers fans. They act on behalf of their members.

mmmmmmm...........

My comments are in blue.

I disagree. Why would we only concentrate on the lowest point of SDM's time here? Concentrating on a trough or peak is a highly illogical approach to collecting statistics.

I disagree for the same reason as above. Our record over 20 seasons is near as damn it a cup per season, which is 1st class IMO.

The point is everybody agrees that the first 10-12 years were successful, but it's gone downhill since then. We have had a relatively poor 8 years, and it is this "slump" we are in. We aren't concentrating on the lowest point. We are concentrating on the position that we are currently in. We are in a run whereby league titles are rare. What happened during NIAR doesn't have any bearing to where we are now.

I didn't say that team should have beaten anyone. I said they should have beaten Kaunas, but as I said, they didn't. End of story.

Sorry, I don't know why you think a midfield with Dailly, McCulloch and Adam should be beating Kaunus.

The best teams in the world have these same issues at times & they aren't an issue when the free kick or corner constitutes as or results in a league or cup winning goal.

I guess it's all about opinions. I, for one, don't believe our set pieces are good enough, which suggests to me thatthere is a weakness in training. If you are happy, then fine, but it doesn't mean that he guys whopo pulled together the piece are wrong. They just have a different opinion to you.

I didn't say 'the support can't criticise unless they have all the answers'. There's no need to put words into my mouth BD....

That was implicit in your comment. If that's not what you were meaning, then perhaps you need to explain it further?

I blame MB for that more than SDM. MB is getting paid a fortune & for what exactly? Admittedly, I do blame SDM for keeping MB despite his poor performance in his job.

This is a difficult one. I don't believe Bain is given the autonomy to have guide the club. I believe that he works under strict guideleines. He isn't allowed to be a real CEO in my opinion and therefore is vastly overpaid. If I'm correct in my view then the blame has to lie with Murray.

He previously employed Montgomery and then Brannan but got rid of them both apparently because they wanted more autonomy than he was willing to give.

Well, the U19s have been doing well & I haven't heard these rumours, but I'm not well placed to hear rumours from within the club.

agreed and let's hope that the current U19s do start to filter into the first team.

Not an entirely worthy point though, since it hasn't actually happened yet.

The club wanted it to happen though, and therefore it is a worthy point.

Well, you apparently know more about that finances than anyone else here, so I trust that we can take your word for that.

Ta.

My point was that the RST have been unsuccessful in building a worthwhile relationship between the support & the club, for many reasons. If that can be disputed, I stand corrected.

I would say that the relationship had been reasonably good for a period of around 2 years until last summer but subsequently appears to have suffered to the point that there is no relationship.

Maybe you misunderstood me. I basically said that the wording was moronic.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't think it was as bad as to be described as moronic, but it could have ben improved. Certainly the point that they were making was clear enough to me.

mmmmmmm...........

You disagree with me?

guys, i dont know what you're bother debating about. all that discontent is over, now. it says it in the papers:

Fleck Jnr has helped transform Rangers' season in the space of a week. The banners claiming the fans deserve better and the internet campaign to undermine the club which so annoyed Walter Smith have disappeared. In their place has come an optimism created by the fact they could theoretically be top of the SPL by Saturday night.

what's the problem? :D

:D

The slanted coverage in the media and the disrespect shown by the club is one of the main reasons why we need to have a cogent report put together. People aren't unhappy just because we've lost a few games or that Kris Boyd is being sold. They're unhappy because of the ongoing trend of unfulfilling our potential.

The haste at which these figures are ignoring this valid argument is most frustrating.

guys, i dont know what you're bother debating about. all that discontent is over, now. it says it in the papers:

what's the problem? :D

Wonder how much �£�£�£�£�£ SDM paid the retard to print that

Cammy F